Our client is Video Production Company based in Brighton and they are looking for a Video Editor/Camera Operator to join their team. Due to the responsibilities, it would require someone to be able to be onsite so please consider the location before applying.
The position will include working on a wide range of commercial projects, including micro-documentaries, educational and corporate films.
In this role, you will help develop strong scripts/ storyboards and shot lists to meet client's briefs. You will also be expected to assist the Production Manager in the careful planning logistics, this can include booking locations and talent, generating call sheets, and preparing risk assessment.
You will be required to plan and execute camera setups for different projects.
These will range from interview setups to multi-camera scenes to fully roaming gimbal setups. In addition, you will be required to consider lighting and ensure setups are lit effectively and to the style of the project. You will also be responsible for the maintenance and organisation of the filming equipment, particularly in the preparation of upcoming shoots.
Beyond just ripping, converting and syncing footage, you will also be responsible for setting up editing projects with a consistent, logical structure. This includes the first assembly, where rushes are trimmed and organised for internal and client viewing.
Whether sculpting narratives from rushes without a storyboard or constructing a scripted film, you will be responsible for creating rough cuts within set timescales and budget. You should also be able to finalise a film to a high-quality level, including titles, colour grading and consistent sound mixes.
Highly Desired Skills and Experience
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Proven ability to work to deadlines
* Highly organised and independent
* Video production experience working as a part of a small production company or as a freelancer
* In-depth knowledge of the pre-production processes required to produce high-quality outputs
* Advanced technical knowledge of high-end camera and sound recording equipment [Canon/ RED]
* Extensive experience using NLE software [Premiere/DaVinci]
* Proficiency with macOS
* Full clean UK driver's license
* Must be able to travel to Brighton to be onsite when required
* Camera Operating experience
* Must have proven documentaries exp.
* Proven commerical experience
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.