UX/UI INTERACTION DESIGNER
KEYWORDS: (UX, Research, Mobile, Web, Prototypes, Experience Maps, User Scenarios, Mockups, Interaction Flows, Brainstorming, Conceptual, Wireframing)
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000
LOCATION - Bath/Bristol
An experienced Interaction Designer is required by an established and highly successful company located in Bath.
Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of the user-centered design process and will be comfortable working independently as well as alongside other designers.
They are expanding their UX and Digital design team who deliver interaction and visual design, user research, content structure and UX for their UK and international websites. The team closely collaborates with a Production Engineering team to create innovative, great-looking, highly engaging and usable products.
You will develop an understanding of customers, business needs and requirements and transform those into user-focused and intuitive products for mobile and web.
You will be working closely with product managers, marketers, designers, strategists, analysts and other key stakeholders, so you will need to be a team player. Tasks will include the creation of experience maps, user scenarios, mockups and flows as well as delivering high fidelity designs.
The right candidate will have a proven track record of producing relevant experience design, including mobile as well as other services, and a portfolio that shows finished designs and your process to get there. You would also need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, creative environment.
- Design user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups and collaborate with engineers to deliver them.
- Create rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
- Contribute to brainstorming and concepting sessions with internal clients and the Frontend team; elicit and analyze business requirements through interviews and workshops
- Work with UX and conversion specialists to validate ideas and designs through split tests and product performance and to identify potential areas of improvement
- Contribute to primary and secondary user research activities
- Define user task and interaction flows
- Highly detailed communication of design principles + direction, as well as design specifications for engineers
- Deep understanding of information design / architecture, choice architecture and user psychology
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Experience with responsive web-design and frameworks that incorporate strong grid principles, such as Bootstrap.
- You know how to recognise and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- You know your way round wire-framing and design software such as Sketch
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycles, including waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process and interaction design best practices and methodologies
- Ability to clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to other members of the design, development and wider teams
- Focused attention to detail
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.