Looking for a Freelance UX Designer to join a London-based Corporate Risk & Broking advisory company. This role is for 6months possibly longer.
This role is fully remote and you will be developing a wide range of market-leading InsurTech solutions.
As Senior UX Designer, you will be involved in the design and development of a range of products, working alongside growing the UX team, Product Managers and scrums teams to translate business requirements into UX deliverables consistent with our overall UX strategy. You will be involved in creating high-resolution prototypes to support the UX team, as well as contributing to UX requirements / cross-product outputs and evolving the visual design of our products. Strong visual design skills and strong prototyping in Figma / XD are essential, and working knowledge of CSS and UI implementation is a benefit.
* Help define the user experience and strategic evolution of several intertwined product suites to push the boundaries of Insurtech
* Work with users, product owners, technical product managers and subject matter experts to perform UX research and convert business requirements for a specific product or feature into visual and interaction designs and specifications (e.g. wireframes, personas, user journeys), and iterate these designs in an agile context considering technical limitations and user feedback.
* Define UX requirements at user story level, bearing in mind technology and project constraints, and conforming with a set of corporate branding guidelines
* Review the deliverables produced by the development teams and provide feedback as appropriate on the quality and usability of the UX implementation,
* Understand and edit HTML/CSS (Bootstrap-based) assets for use by one or multiple scrum teams and integration into product code
* Contribute to the evolution of the UX function within the organization, working with the Head of UX and other UX designers to roll out processes, best practices and tools in line with developments in the UX industry
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
* 5+ years as a senior hands-on UX designer working in an Agile environment across a range of commercial enterprise-level B2B/B2C products,
* Excellent research and workshop facilitation skills, with a view to eliciting user requirements via User Journey workshops, guerilla testing of prototypes and user testing of products in development
* Excellent visual and interaction design skills for desktop and web applications, ability to quickly iterate mockups, wireframes and interactive prototypes
* Proven ability to produce creative and original designs whilst conforming with a UX strategy aligned with corporate branding guidelines
* Appreciation of current and emerging UX trends along with their potential benefits and limitations
* Excellent attention to detail and high-quality standards whilst being pragmatic and delivering at pace against ambitious deadlines
* Hands-on experience with tools such as Figma, Adobe XD. Photoshop, inVision, Illustrator
* Experience with the agile software development lifecycle in a commercial/production environment
* A self-starter with initiative, and the ability to work autonomously
* Strong presentation and verbal/written communication skills
* Ability to influence product managers and development teams - can justify design decisions through solid reasoning based on UX principles, user research, and product knowledge
* At ease working in a UX and project team environment, can provide and receive constructive criticism
Other highly desirable, but not essential skills are:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Factors, User Interaction, Graphic Design, Web Design or related design field
* Familiarity with WCAG and ADA guidelines for accessibility
* General knowledge of HTML & CSS (Bootstrap, Foundation), with hands-on coding or editing ability to develop production-level assets for use within product releases
* Experience working with Microsoft VSTS/Azure DevOps and Git
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.