UX Designer to join one of the world's leading commercial galleries for mordern and contemporary art.
UX Designer to join the Digital Product team to aid in the expansion of the gallery's digital product portfolio capabilities.
The ideal candidate is not strictly driven by typical art-industry design conventions, but rather can express new visual perspectives and draw web design inspiration from the wider contemporary digital landscape, user experience research, and user journey analysis.
You'll be creating mobile first web-based page templates that are driven by beautiful interaction elements.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of design fundamentals which translate to digital experiences that provide innovative rich, immersive content experiences, appeal to global audiences, and engage new site visitors.
- Audit and analyse current website user journey.
- Collaborate with Digital Product Manager and other Product team members to ensure complete understanding of project briefs as they pertain to visual design elements and user experience expectations.
- Quickly translate ideas into sketches, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Create web templates for a variety of campaign types.
- Take key responsibility for designing and directing web developers to build pixel-perfect frontend experiences.
- Own project visual design production and remain highly organized throughout revisions process.
- Work directly with web developers to negotiate best approaches to complex user journeys.
- Work closely with marketing and other team members.
- Research industry trends to present ideas and concepts for timely digital innovation.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience in UX Design.
- A creative thinker who is adept at using data, design and their creativity to inspire others to deliver the very best and most effective User journey's & interfaces.
- Experience in leading a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstration of User Journey mapping skills.
- Graphic web and user experience design, preferably with background in a consumer digital business or digital product team environment.
- Proven relevant experience in a professional UX design role.
- Experience in the design thinking process, agile development, and lean startup methodologies.
- Experience in using software, includeing Adobe suite and InDesign.
- Must be fluent in design presentation and prototyping software including InVision, Zeplin, Sketch, Figma, or similar software.
- Comfortable working in frontend design implementation with HTML & CSS.
- Proven ability to embody brand guidelines to create cohesive multi-channel visual assets.
- Understanding of ever-changing best practices.
- An interest in art is important, but prior roles within art institutions or designing for an art gallery is not required.
Please apply with a recent CV and portfolio.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.