My client is a fast growing game development company, using cutting edge technology across multiple platforms.
To help achieve this ambition, they are looking for a Software Engineer focusing on UI & Gameplay, reporting into the Lead Programmer. You will assist with the development of all games paying particular attention to the architectural design and implementation of the UI systems and the expansion of the game features.
- Assist with the architectural design and implementation of game GUI.
- Works with the UI and game designers to determine efficient graphic and code representations of GUI designs.
- Prototyping and implementing front-ends, in-game menus and HUD elements.
- Writes new code and maintains existing code in C++ & Scaleform to support user input, screen, inter-screen and GUI object behaviours, animations, and transitions.
- Assists with the creation of game features and debugs game issues
- At least 2y experience in the games industry, preferably in a UI development role
- Good working knowledge of C++
- At least 1 shipped game title (any platform)
- Scaleform experience desired
- Unreal Engine 4 experience desired.
- A good degree in computer science, mathematics or equivalent
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.