Our client, a non-profit and high profile organisation looking to tackle global economical problems through the use of data, is looking to appoint a Technical Writer as they are about to embark on an exciting programme of research and development.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Content, the Technical Writer will help to shape technical outputs across the the client's R&D programmes. This will be a varied role, collaborating with the wider team to ensure that technical reports, case studies and other outputs are well-researched, accurate and produced to a high quality, in line with the company's house style and guidelines.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver new research into data publishing tools, standards, service delivery models, regulation and emerging trends.
- help to design, plan and deliver core technical reports across the R&D workstreams,
providing key research and editorial input from the design stage to publishing
- work closely with the Delivery and Content teams to ensure that reports meet their
programme objectives as well as the company's production processes
- support the Head of Content in project managing reports, including with scheduling,
commissioning, reviewing and publishing
- work closely with the Digital Production Editor to create data visualisations and graphics
- copy-edit and/or proofread wider technical outputs written by the client's team,
associates or freelancers, as necessary
- contribute towards wider company outputs, including technical reports, case studies, blogs and workshop and educational materials, as required
About you - skills, knowledge and experience
An experienced technical writer, you will be comfortable working on reports individually and as part of a team.
You will have:
- experience writing reports on technology topics, such as open data
- experience working both independently and within a team to deliver technical reports,
from research to production
- a Masters degree or equivalent experience in data analysis, data science or related area
- robust skills in data analysis
- exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- outstanding organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and work
effectively with competing workloads
- experience working with collaborators and/or within a busy production or content team
- experience working on topical data topics such as artificial intelligence, data protection, ethics, APIs, or data business models
- a working knowledge of Adobe products, including InDesign
If this role sounds exciting and you think you have relevant skills and experience, please apply with your CV and a link to your writing examples at the earliest opportunity.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.