Our client is looking for an Art Director to join their team working on a successful live streaming app where you stream, play games, and chat with friends.
You will be working with a team consisting of product managers, engineers, 2D and 3D artists, technical artists, marketing, and cross-functional professionals.
As an Art Director, you will be working with diverse teams to establish avatar design, develop looks, set quality standards and manage asset production pipeline.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, strategic-minded, leader with high standards for craft and
execution. This person is an expert in their craft and is highly skilled in working with cross-functional teams to solve problems, improve processes, unblock artists and drive consensus.
This person should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment but also persevere as well to build products and teams that last long years.
This role will be approximately 50/50 split of hands-on making and direction.
● Work in collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Data Science and Art to define opportunities, and develop concepts and treatments to bring ideas to life.
● Lead avatar design concept and look development.
● Source and work with vendors to establish visual standard and production pipeline, and deliver assets at high level of quality, on time.
● Discover new opportunities for product impact through quantitative and qualitative analysis, to turn ideas into a strategic roadmap and oversee their execution through delivery.
● Hire and train talents to strengthen your team.
● 4+ years of experience as Art Director, Technical Director or similar at a creative studio, a production, game or tech company.
● Professional experience in designing avatar and its asset production.
● Expert in character design.
● Experience in look development and/or technical art for 3D characters.
● Expert in Maya.
● Experience in sourcing, coordinating, directing and guiding 3D asset production with creative studios.
● Experience working in gaming industry with an understanding of technology requirements and work flows.
● Experience in real-time 3D character animations based on motion capture technology.
● Experience designing gen-z focused brands or products.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.