Freelance Sub Editor needed asap. Onsite, 5 days per week. Ideally with Product Description experience.
- The sub editor is responsible for evolving the language within the business and sharing/publishing the information globally.
- Work with copywriters and to evolve the company's tone of voice.
- Ensure all publishing deadlines are met and work with them to consistently improve the production process.
- The sub editor is responsible for disseminating copy directions through the business and policing their correct use across all platforms with support from others.
- Give constructive guidance to the wider business by highlighting ways to improve their writing
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and style.
- Very detail-oriented.
- Ability to write and edit for consistency.
- Good fact-checking skills, with the ability to process and synthesise large amounts of information.
- As good with technical copy and formatting as more editorial writing.
- Previous experience as a Sub Editor or Deputy Editor - Ideally at a fashion or beauty magazine, or e.com site.
- Luxury fashion experience is a plus.
- Understanding of product including technical, merchant and marketing terms.
- Experience as a copywriter for an apparel brand or fashion-oriented editorial publication wopuld also be ideal.
- An understanding of SEO principles and social media.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
150 per day.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.