SUB EDITOR & TRANSLATOR (German Speaking)
KEYWORDS: (Fashion, Luxury, Translation, Retail, Product, Proof Reading, Ecommerce)
A native level German speaking Sub Editor is required by one of the world's premium fashion and lifestyle retail companies to work with one of their globally renowned brands.
You will join an experienced Product Editorial Team who research, write, edit, translate and publish informed, accurate and innovative copy across a range of languages and your role as a Sub Editor & Translator will require you to help ensure that products are translated in an accurate and reliable manner, in clear and concise German, whilst preserving the brand style.
- Sub-editing and translating product page copy according to in-house style guides; checking accuracy of copy against images as well as grammar and spelling. Ensuring all copy is clear and concise and localized where relevant
- Working to daily deadlines
- Ensuring that all editorial content across the German product pages reflects the aims, values, house style and tone of each site
- Where possible, check accuracy of upload by checking all click-through functionality, size and fit tabs and dropdowns on the product page
- Maintaining house style document, final sign off responsibility lying with Product Editor
- Confidence in replying to emails and attending meetings
- German mother tongue and excellent command of the English language; you will need to be able to write and speak English fluently
- Proven experience of digital translating, trans-creating and sub-editing
- Ideally some knowledge of women's fashion, seasonal trends, designers and brands as well as commercial awareness
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Confidence to liaise with other teams
- Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously
- Experience working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities
- Ability to think clearly and calmly when faced with issues or problems
- Self-motivated, takes initiative
- A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.