A fantastic opportunity for a driven and proactive Studio Manager has become available to join a well-established team within contract publishing. This role will oversee a team of 3 to 4 staff members and will manage the full creative delivery process for both print and digital channels, along with interpreting creative briefs, creative direction and account handling. The role will also involve working on the design and production of various publications. Paying a competitive salary.
This role is based in St. Albans, Hertforshire with 20mins train journey from Kings Cross.
Tasks will include:
- Responsible for all areas of magazine production from concept to completion, for all publications in the company's portfolio.
- Research and develop and implement 'best practice' for studio processes - briefing, job tracking, budget control and workflow efficiency.
- Art direction and management on all editorial and digital content.
- Final approval on all press-ready pdfs before they are sent to the printers.
- Checking supplier and publishing invoices.
- Setting up & managing production schedules for all COP titles.
- Ensuring infrastructure and procedures are maintained whilst continuing to implement effective procedures where necessary.
- Supporting, understanding and advising the current clients and fulfilling their requirements to make sure all their needs are met.
- Art-edit and oversee all designs for COP publications.
- Managing the hiring and setup of freelancers, photographers, illustrators and sub-editors.
- Give rise to creative challenges as they occur on a day-to-day basis.
- Operational management of the studio.
- Managing the Studio team members, including handling all staff management issues, performance, appraisals, recruitment, and motivation.
- Develop design excellence within the team and continue to raise the bar.
- Take a forward thinking approach to continuous improvement in the studio and stay abreast of developments within the sector.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Comprehensive understanding of design, print management and production processes.
- The ability to project manage your own workload and coordinating the overall studio work flow.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Highly efficient and organised.
- Be excellent in working on and delivering client design pitches.
- Ability to proof read, edit and write copy would be advantageous.
If this is the ideal role for you then please Apply with your CV as soon as possible.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.