We have an exciting opportunity for a Studio Manager to join a world-leading design company, specialising in the automotive sector. You will be part of their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Surrey but currently they are all working remotely.
To work as part of the Creative Design Team and report to the Creative Design Director ensuring that the requirements of the business are met from a Studio Manager perspective by providing a high quality service through attention to detail, a disciplined and methodical approach and close liaison with the whole Team.
You will supervise the Design Styling team, Technical Surfacing team and plan for the expanding business as it continues to grow. This will involve working across design styling, engineering, project management and purchasing. Possessing strong organisational and interpersonal skills in this role is essential.
Duties and experienced required:
- Proven experience in the Automotive, engineering, manufacturing sector
- Assisting the Creative Design Director with all studio planning
- Develop and implement all studio management and continually improve the sign off process
- Master timing and studio modelling resource requirements
- Adhere to the surface release process, including ensuring the efficient communication and accurate documentation of both our Studio surface release outputs and supporting technical reference inputs
- Always continue to check that the studio teams are working from the engineering package data
- Ensure the designs meet the requirements for timing, performance, manufacturability and low volume/cost
- Liaise with the development, project management, commercial, prototype and production manufacturing teams, technical partners and suppliers to ensure the designs meet the requirements for timing, performance, manufacturability and cost
- Develop external scale and full size models for surface evaluation and project sign off to Product launch models ensuring timing cost and quality is met at all times
- Implement and improve the existing VR strategy working with the Visualisation team
- Ensuring the studio designers and surfaces meet the deadlines set
- Team management experience; including recruitment, personal development, training and feedback
- Strong demonstration of current design trends
- Deadline driven, and able to self-manage workload
- Possess strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Please send CV stating your salary expectations
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.