Up to £50k
Exciting new opportunity has arisen working as a Studio Manager for a well-known brand agency based in Buckinghamshire. As the Studio Manager you will be mainly responsible for the strategic planning and operations across all areas including digital, strategy and creative.
- Manage all design studio operations; ensuring projects are planned and resourced on time and completed accordingly to project briefs.
- Measure all KPI's such as budgets, studio time, timesheets etc.
- Work closely with senior members of staff including; Senior Designer, Strategy Director, Creative Director etc. to make sure all projects are completed to a realistic timeframe and on point with the brief.
- Taking all project briefs as and when they come through.
- Work to create innovative methods of working that will help maintain the productivity and implement tools to track progress.
- Closely working with the Creative Director to forecast all budgets and commercials.
- Along with helping to create and maintain annual resources and project plans.
- Have a strong understanding of all digital, strategy and creative aspects for costs, budgets and schedules.
- You continuously check business relationships and process improvement methodology.
- As the studio manager you are the first point of contact for all new designs briefs and tenders that come through; and therefore, must have a strong understanding of the design processes.
- You are comfortable with tackling several different projects at one time; along with keeping the team of designers motivated to all deadlines (internal and external).
- You will be highly organised and be operational focussed at harnessing tools; such as agile project management; Prince2 or Kaizen.
- Proficient of speaking the operational language as well as create and share processes/tools to the department.
- You will be use to working alongside the senior stakeholders to manage the department budgets.
- Tackle all administrative duties for the studio; along with collaborating with key stakeholders within the organisation to ensure communications maintained whilst keeping a great team attitude within the department.
What you need:
- Hold a Design Management or Creative/Design Degree.
- Creative Leadership or Senior Management experience.
- Experience in managing a Design Studio or Creative Services Manager.
- Have previous recognised leadership or design management experience in a fast-paced design studio; knowledge including digital, strategy and design.
- Knowledge within the retail or exhibition industry.
- Familiar with the function of CAD, 3D, Digital, Design and Strategy teams
- Experience in implementing new processes or developing them.
- Manage staff on-site and also any remote workers including freelancers
- Experience in managing and trafficking workflow through the relevant design resources.
- An appreciation and understanding of all design tools including; Cinema 4D, VectorWorks, UI/UX, AutoCAD, Scratch, digital coding, Motion Graphics and Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat).
- Implement lean project management or Kaizen methodology.
- Experience in managing and running a multi-disciplined design studio that works to strict deadlines.
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Highly organised; proactive approach.
- Demonstrable evidence of managing internal and external projects, stakeholders, customer and creative agencies.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.