Our client is a leading retail design agency based in London. They are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their busy studio. This role will suit an existing Senior Project Manager with experience of managing multiple projects in a hands-on and 360-degree fashion, ideally bringing with them direct experience from within the creative retail display industry.
Managing the full end to end project process, with huge emphasis on client facing, this role will see the occupant either dedicated to one large multi-project client at a time, or working across multiple clients on jobs of varying scale.
Reporting directly to the MD, this busy role requires a creative and holistic approach to project management. We are looking for confidence, top class interpersonal skills, a detail orientated approach, and an absolute commitment to producing the highest quality exclusive customer experience, and project delivery, no matter the scope of the project.
Excellent levels of brand understanding, and awareness of client needs will be paramount for success within this role, as will the ability to work with, and manage, all stake holders in order to ensure that project outcomes provide maximum profitability and smooth running. We need a practical and solution- orientated thinker who is deadline driven, and a whizz with budgets!
Although a design or arts background is not essential, a good eye for aesthetic and understanding of the design process is a must. Comfort with practical design-led problem solving would be extremely beneficial. This role will require the ability to work easily with 2D and 3D Designers, in-house production management (both locally and globally) and various external suppliers and collaborators. Previous exposure and understanding of briefing and managing artwork, and knowledge of print processes would be a benefit.
This person will need practical experience of managing both mass production, for various brand window and in-store roll-outs, alongside bespoke installation projects. Experience working with, often complicated, client allocations, and the ability to deal with shifting project parameters, will be paramount for the occupant of this role to hit the ground running.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving briefs from clients, and working on initial stages of interpretation and planning to define a project's scope and goals
- Agree clear and attainable project objectives with the client, and see these through to completion
- Work with Designers to create any required visuals, ensuring that the brief is accurate and communicated with the Design team efficiently
- Effectively communicate client and design briefs to Production to enable the 3D sampling stage.
- Creative, practical and logistical troubleshooting throughout all stages of a project
- Management of stages of client sign off and approval processes
- Exploring, developing, sampling and costing with in-house production team
- Main point of contact for external material/fabrication suppliers.
- Lead in day-to-day communications with Clients, applying strong management of client expectations from brief through to delivery
- Lead in day to day communication, and transparency, with internal teams in order to run smoothly and effectively through each stage of a project
- Working closely with in-house Operations and Production management
- Planning and scheduling project timelines, with generation and management of all critical paths, both for internal use, and external scheduling with Clients
- Management of project administration and control documents, including all official documentation required for any external bodies
- Maintaining and updating systems or documents to ensure all is on track on a day to day, and week to week, basis.
- Planning and attending installations in tandem with our in-house Installation Manager.
- Site surveying for internal production requirements, or to introduce external partners to specific sites for planning installations
- Coordinating and utilising project support staff, Project Coordinators and Assistants, where necessary
- Day to day management of any support staff that may be dedicated to Senior PM's projects for a time
- Successfully managing, maintaining and strengthening client relationships
Essential skills and Experience
- Proven background in a similar role, in a transferable creative retail display/production environment
- Understanding of 3D Visual Merchandising for retail, either via experience in another similar agency, or from working directly for a retail brand
- Strong demonstrable and successful client facing PM experience
- Familiarity and/or expertise with material and fabrication processes for 3D prop making
- Experience with managing external suppliers and collaborators
- Comfort working with roll-out budgets of £250k plus
- Ability and ease with working across multiple projects running simultaneously
- Experience of task managing a team of one or more support staff (could be project by project)
- Demonstrable sense of responsibility and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills and high standards of verbal and written English language
- Good level of numeracy required
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on approach to project and client management
- Solution orientated and customer service driven
- Ability to act and think pro-actively and work confidently, both autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to direct, manage and work alongside other team members and freelance partners
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.