Our client is a leading global retailer currently looking for a strong and inspiring Senior Packaging Designer who will bring to life their global brand purpose through best in class design and storytelling. You will take direction from the Packaging Lead while working collaboratively with a multidisiplined omnichannel team and key Brand, VM, Retail and Print stakeholders to create distruputive, consumer first, engaging packaging design with a innovative and sustainability led approach.
As the Senior designer you will take responsibility for the concept development and visual design of creative projects, while fully understanding the full 360 onmichannel customer journies, touchpoints and product strategies.
You will thrive on new challenges, willing to think and work in new ways, able to present and articulate concepts clearly, communicate positively, and debate with peers and influence various stakeholders.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Manage the creative design across the global brand's omnichannel touchpoints and platforms; promoting products whilst building the brand
- Bring the global brand strategy and positioning to life and effectively communicate this in a coherent, disruptive and distinctive visual identity across all packaging touch points
- A strong understanding of 360 multichannel design and how this transfers across touchpoints and platforms. You will take into account all channels as you approach to design and concepts as to ensure a joined up consumer first journies
- Develops designs in line with brand purpose; pioneering new ideas and innovation with a sustainable first approach
- Strong relationship with copy team as to bring to life the purpose through strong storytelling that is intergrated and weaved into the overall design
- Partner with Creative team members and Category teams to develop packaging concepts, understanding both technical and creative needs to provide solutions that meet product development objectives
- Partner with Packaging Lead to deliver best-in-class global designs covering a multitude of international events and campaigns
- Partners with external agencies/vendors including: product development, packaging vendors and consultants. Support and influence end to end process.
- Provides clear and concise communication to ensure designs are built to spec, remedies challenges effectively and professionally
- Works collaboratively with overall Creative teams across projects from concept through to final output
- Deep understanding of the brand and ability to translate it into design guidelines, be a champion for the brand
- An excellent team player, flourishes in a multicultural environment, is a listener and interacts effectively
Experience & Skills:
A capable individual who thrives in a fast paced environment. Understanding of omnichannel design and how packaging design lives across the omnichannel platforms.
- Proven experience working in a Senior Packaging Design role; working cross functionally within a fast-paced environment and delivering strong levels of success through design led propositions that match corporate objectives
- Extensive creative experience within Packaging with a deep understanding of sustainable and innovative solutions within the sector
- Fluent understanding of current packaging trends and new and emerging innovation
- Evidence of delivering strong packaging designs with focus on illustration
- Strong understanding of technical and legal requirements
- Strong knowledge of artwork/repro/print/production/finishing processes
- Excellent appreciation of material limitations/solutions
- Passionate about creativity and design across multiple touchpoints, broad understanding of both online and offline channels
- Strong commercial and consumer-focused driven approach to marketing/events
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- A strong and confident influencer who is able to develop, edit, present and influence strong and compelling 360 consumer-first ideas
- Excellent interpersonal skills - can communicate concisely and confidently at all levels
- Experience working cross-culturally or in a global environment is an advantage
- A strong focus on 'getting things done'
- Abreast of current trends and competitor set
- Current knowledge of retail
- Current and fluent knowledge of key design software such as Adobe Creative Suite
Please send CV with portfolio stating your salary expectations.