Our client is a leading high street retail brand looking for a Senior Packaging Designer to join their creative studio.
Purpose of role:
A strong and inspiring Senior Packaging Designer who will bring to life the global brand purpose through best in class design and storytelling. You will take direction from the Creative Lead role working collaboratively with a multi-disiplined omni-channel team and key Brand, VM, Retail and Print stakeholders to create distruputive, consumer first, engaging packaging design with a innovative and sustainability led approach.
As the Senior Designer you will take responsibility on the concept development of visual design and oversee the development of creative packaging projects while fully understanding the full 360 onmi-channel customer journeys, touch-points and product strategies.
This is a hands on position responsible for translating briefs to creative strategic platforms and stories, creating world-class campaigns from concept and following the journey to execution.
Key Job duties:
- Direct the creative design across the global brand's omnichannel touchpoints and platforms; promoting products whilst building the brand
- Bring the global brand strategy and positioning to life and effectively communicate this in a coherent, disruptive and distinctive visual identity across all packaging touch points
- A strong understanding of 360 multichannel design and how this transfers across touchpoints and platforms. You will take into account all channels as you approach to design and concepts as to ensure a joined up consumer first journies
- Develops designs in line with brand purpose; pioneering new ideas and innovation with a sustainable first approach
- Strong relationship with copy team as to bring to life the purpose through strong storytelling that is intergrated and weaved into the overall design
- Partner with Head of Creative and leads and Category teams to develop packaging concepts, understanding both technical and creative needs to provide solutions that meet product development objectives
- Partner with Head of Creative and Creative Leads to deliver best-in-class global designs covering a multitude of international events and campaigns
- Partners with external agencies/vendors including: product development, packaging vendors and consultants. Support and influence end to end process.
- Provides clear and concise communication to ensure designs are built to spec, remedies challenges effectively and professionally
- Works collaboratively with overall creative teams across projects from concept through to final output
- Deep understanding of the brand strategic framework and ability to translate it into design guidelines, a champion for the brand
- An excellent team player, flourishes in a multicultural environment, is a great listener and interacts effectively
|Experience & Skills: |
|A Designer who thrives in a fast paced environment. Understanding of omnichannel design and how packaging design lives across the omnichannel platforms. |
- Proven experience working in a Senior Packaging Design role; working cross functionally within a fast-paced environment and delivering strong levels of success through design led propositions that match corporate objectives
- Extensive creative experience within Packaging with a deep understanding of sustainable and innovative solutions within the sector
- Fluent understanding of current packaging trends and new and emerging innovation
- Evidence of delivering strong packaging designs
- Strong understanding of technical and legal requirements
- Strong knowledge of artwork/repro/print/production/finishing processes
- Excellent appreciation of material limitations/solutions
- Passionate about creativity and design across multiple touchpoints, broad understanding of both online and offline channels
- Strong commercial and consumer-focused driven approach to marketing/events
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- A strong and confident influencer who is able to develop, edit, present and influence strong and compelling 360 consumer-first ideas
- Able to priotise mutliple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills - can communicate concisely and confidently at all levels
- Experience of leading, nurturing and developing design individuals
- Experience working cross-culturally or in a global environment
- A strong focus on 'getting things done'
- Retail/Fashion/Beauty industry experience is an advantage
- Abreast of current trends and competitor set
- Current and fluent knowledge of key design software such as Adobe Creative Suite
Please send CV and portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.