Senior Graphic Designer
Senior multi-disciplinary Graphic Designer with at least 5 years' experience across branding, art direction, print, web and digital design, with skills in book design, illustration, photography, videography, image retouching and digital coding.
Who You Are
Ideally you will have experience producing marketing materials for business development purposes within an architectural, construction or design environment. You will be a highly organised, self-motivated team-worker with strong time management skills and an exceptional eye for detail. You will have high, professional standards with regards to DTP and the ability to oversee and implement brand standards across the organisation. You will be proficient in all elements of the Adobe Creative Suite. Other skills such as videography/video editing would be a bonus but are not essential.
Branding / Concept Design / Art Direction
- Management of the practice's brand identity and strategy including awareness of industry competitors' branding and market standards.
- Production and management of brand asset library including logos, swatches, a full-range of document templates, branded stationary and paper stocks.
- Overseeing work of junior team members ensuring time is spent efficiently and deadlines are met on time and to brand standards.
- Ensuring colleagues across the practice implement the company brand to the correct standards, including producing guidelines, instructional worksheets and providing one-to-one support when needed.
- Commissioning, briefing and art directing freelance creatives including photographers, videographers and digital developers.
- Assisting architectural teams with project proposals and pitches, designing brand identities, marketing ideas and signage proposals.
- Collaborating with the wider studio on architectural design competitions, installations and public art proposals, including concept design, drawings and project management.
- Offering input on marketing strategy with the Head of Communications and Senior Directors.
Print / Document Design
- Design and artworking of project proposals, bid documents, design boards, award submissions, client presentations and leave-behinds - including following brand guidelines in some instances and designing bespoke 'off-brand' materials in others.
- Design and artworking of studio marketing materials, including books, brochures, press adverts, leaflets, stationary, clothing, exhibition display graphics, event identities, invitations, and various ad hoc requests - following brand guidelines in some instances and designing bespoke 'off-brand' materials in others.
- Design and management of studio DTP templates.
Web / Digital Design
- Ongoing design development and content management of company website, including creating project case studies and new pages as required whilst ensuring design meets standards of industry competitors.
- Working with freelance developers to fix technical problems and implement design changes of company website.
- Creation of internal websites and beta demos of digital marking materials using HTML/CSS/JQuery
- Photography of architectural models, samples, staff portraits, studio reportage etc.
- Commissioning photography of completed buildings.
- Management of in-house photography studio and equipment.
- Creating drawings, animations, maps, infographics and illustrations for marketing materials.
- Management of studio image library.
- Writing draft text for brochures, website, bid documents and other marketing purposes.
- Van/car hire and delivery of models and materials, driving when required.
- Assisting Head of Communications with ad hoc duties.
- Strong understanding of layout, typography and colour with an eye for detail.
- Ability to design, manage and deliver a range of projects from concept to completion.
- An understanding of both digital and lithographic print processes, high-end bookmaking, finishing and production of exhibition display graphics, and the ability to communicate print briefs clearly with external printers.
- Ability to understand and communicate design briefs and proposals to clients, directors, colleagues, and freelancers.
- Ability to manage a large number of projects of varying complexity with multiple teams, often working under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Skills in photography, image retouching, video editing and book binding.
- Ability to write marketing copy when needed.
- Ability to manage budgets and negotiate costs with freelancers and suppliers.
- Fluent Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign/Illustrator/Photoshop).
- Ability to use CMS with an understanding of SEO.
- Ability to read and write HTML/CSS/JQuery.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.