We have an really exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Designer to join an established innovative beauty brand. They are a fast-growing, vibrant company, working at the cutting edge of the global professional beauty industry.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the company, as they are expanding and going through a complete brand re-fresh. In 2021, they were named as one of Britain's leading private companies with the fastest-growing international sales. Their HQ is based in London, by the river and they are working flexi remote, 3 days in the office, 2 remote.
About the role
We have an incredible story to tell, but our success depends entirely on how we tell it in pictures, words, and connections with our audience.
As the Senior Designer you will need to be an excellent hands-on all-round creative. You will be responsible for overseeing and originating design and art direction across all creative assets of the business from packaging, print collateral as well as a larger proportion of digital design, video editing and social creative across our brand, social and eComm channels.
You will be a creative thinker, someone who can think big picture and deliver big ideas and creative concepts to a high design standard across all channels. In depth digital design knowledge is essential and ability to adapt to an agile team environment is a must. Working with the Creative Director you will build and interpret the brand vision and mission into a compelling, inspiring and engaging creative direction style that you will translate across all creative and commercial touch points.
You will work closely with the Brand, Social, eComm, PR and Digital teams to deliver against all creative briefs to help increase commercial gains and sales and provide customers with a superior, consistent on-brand experience.
- In collaboration with the Creative Director, bring to life design ideas and concepts across web, email, social media, and digital advertising campaigns
- Elevate the design of digital creative output to drive improved engagement and commercial performance
- Responsible for creative content, leveraging brand assets across all digital channels and eComm platforms
- Working on a weekly basis, to design and develop assets and creative to support the needs of the eCommerce business, including site merchandising, eCRM, Display, Affiliates, social media and campaigns
- Ensure quality, continuity, brand adherence and design innovation on all assignments, across all channels of communication
- Continually maintain awareness of market and customer behaviour to maximise online sales
- Attend shoots and champion digital and web requirements to ensure shoots are on time and budget
- Broaden and enhance knowledge by keeping up to date with print design, digital innovations, and competitors across different sectors
- Be a brand ambassador for the business, ensuring that all touch points are protected and are in line with the creative vision
- Content management and publishing web content using a CMS
- Offline design, and other marketing support and admin as and when required
- Immerse yourself in all areas of design across beauty, fashion, trends, lifestyle and brands.
- Packaging design experience is a bonus.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in eCommerce beauty or fashion / lifestyle brands is highly desirable
- Excellent digital design, graphic and typographic skills.
- Excellent UI experience
- UX design experience is a bonus
- Team mentor / manager - able to work cross divisionally
- Graphic design for web and digital with a masterful grasp of aesthetic, typography, colour, layout, form & photography
- Exceptional skills in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, Sketch, After Effects and & Keynote / PowerPoint
- Excellent creative thinker, adept at idea generation
- Experience of working in a multi-regional ecommerce environment and creating/managing content across multiple sites, touch points and in multiple languages
- Strong digital production and print process knowledge
- Proven art direction experience
- Good knowledge of the html process, structural site limitations and technical development needed to inform digital design
- Demonstrate an understanding of website usability/web optimization best practices
- Experience of content management and publishing web content
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to respond and act in a fluctuating business
- Must have basic HTML/ CSS skills
- Experience using email CRM systems such as Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, Exponia,
- Experience using web template platforms such as Squarespace, WordPress, Shopify, Magento
Please send your CV and portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.