We have an really exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Copywriter to join an established innovative beauty brand. They are a fast-growing, vibrant company, working at the cutting edge of the global professional beauty industry.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the company, as they are expanding and going through a complete brand re-fresh. Their HQ is based in London and they are working flexi remote, 3 days in the office, 2 remote.
We are looking for a strategically minded, social media savvy creative writer who is aligned with our values and can help us tell our stories in a compelling, engaging way - someone who is passionate about telling stories in a variety of formats from written, to audio to video. As Senior Copy Writer you will push your craft, and experiment with new and better ways to convey our stories. You will be responsible for developing the wider brand storytelling strategy to build brand equity across all of our brands- starting with developing and embedding our brands tone of voice.
You will need to be an excellent hands-on all-round creative copy writer who can think strategically, Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts, write high-engagement social media content that reflects our brand's voice, develop original stories and be able to apply their big ideas across all of our channels and consumer touchpoints maintaining a unified voice across all eg. social stories, campaigns, product naming, product descriptions, website copy, press releases, video, CRM etc. A good understanding of beauty / skincare / supplements B2B and B2C copywriting regulations and SEO practises to optimize articles and increase visibility is also essential.
You will work closely with the Brands, Social, eCom, PR and Digital teams to deliver against all creative briefs to help increase commercial gains and sales and provide customers with a superior, consistent on-brand experience.
You'll lead the rest of our copy writers as the team grows by example to do everything from uncovering insights and telling inspiring social stories, to creating storytelling strategies, new product stories, story themes and social content. You will revel in the art of the details, with a desire to shape the bigger picture. You will cut straight to the heart of the matter, and love making complex stuff feel simple and intuitive. You will persuade tough crowds, fluidly crafting different tones to meet your audience. You will be nimble, and easily able to shift from punchy headlines, to long-form stories.
- Take ownership of copy briefs and answer them to a very high standard
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives strategies
- Demonstrate strong ability in content planning across multiple channels
- Create and embed brand tone of voice consistently across all brands and channels in short and long copy style as and when needed
- Shape language and tone used across all channels, emails, banners etc
- Check all copy generated by team members and offer feedback when necessary
- Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Meet deadlines and stay within budget constraints
- Push clients and team towards fresh, exciting ideas
- Build great cross functional relationships
- Research industry-related topics and identify gaps in our content
- Write original copy for campaigns, ads and social networks etc
- Prepare and publish articles that describe our company and products
- Edit and fact-check pieces of content generated by colleagues (e.g. Junior Copywriters)
- Use SEO practices to optimize articles and increase visibility
- Create and oversee reports on content (e.g. weekly or monthly)
- Interview clients, industry experts and internal teams
- Monitor metrics related to our content, like web traffic and conversion rates
- Ensure all content is up-to-date
- Ability to manage freelance copywriters as and when needed.
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional written English skills are a must, with a talent for storytelling
- Obsession with the nuances of language, vocabulary and grammar
- Confident ability to create and embed tone of voice
- A love of storytelling and all things creative and innovative
- Entrepreneurial, resilient and flexible approach working with rapidly changing priorities and short deadlines
- Experience within a consumer or retail organisation is beneficial, within the personal care industry / skin care / beauty supplements desirable
- Experience writing and flexing tone for B2B and B2C comms
- A strong record in creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd
- Must be skilled in writing both short and long copy for digital assets
- The ability to plan and strategise high-profile projects
- A persuasive and confident approach to creativity
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen attention to detail and timescales
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.