We have a great position for a Senior Communications Manager to join a non-profit educational organisation who specialise in the filming industry. Their offices are based in London and they are offering some flexi remote working.
- To successfully manage the brand to increase reputation by engaging key audiences and reinforce brand values.
- To provide best practice advice and partner with colleagues across the organisation with communications activities.
- To deputise for the Head of Marketing and Student Recruitment.
- To play a key role in managing the brand voice and tone and communicating through internal and external facing initiatives
Press and Media Relations
- Proactively identify, plan and lead the delivery of targeted and creative media relations and PR strategy that delivers across owned and earned channels to enhance the profile and reputation across local and international audiences.
- Be a reliable, responsive and creative communications professional who can help to raise their profile across national and international media coverage promoting their excellence in teaching, student successes and experience.
- Develop and maintain an established network of media contacts among local and international journalists and influencers.
- Deliver an effective response service to media enquiries, linking the media to expert commentators as appropriate. Take responsibility for developing reactive responses into proactive opportunities and to develop media contacts also as appropriate.
- Support the development of external relationships to help publicise and enhance the brand
- Media Relations: Lead corporate media relations, including working with colleagues to define messaging.
- Build, strengthen and maintain relationships with key media contacts.
- Lead on improvements for content creation across all channels to meet brand and student recruitment goals, in collaboration with the team.
- Manage the Multimedia Content Producer to deliver multimedia projects for student recruitment, event and brand goals. Content might include, but is not limited to, written materials, film or creative photography. Projects are coordinated in collaboration with academic and other colleagues, current students, or alumni. It is also the responsibility of this role to ensure appropriate internal and external approvals have been obtained.
- Ensure the integrity of the brand and narrative within both a digital and analogue environment
- Take an active part in positively influence and improve the overall customer experience
- Supported by the Multimedia Content Producer and Communications Events Manager, the role holder will need to create new ideas and innovative ways of engaging with a range of internal and external audiences
- Staying up to date with technological and multimedia developments
- Produce the Annual Report with support from senior colleagues .
- Communications Strategy: Continually refine and drive overall communications strategy and agenda for the organisation.
- Organisational Narrative: Be a key partner in building and evolving our narrative in support of business priorities and future growth.
- Create and measure an internal communications action plan
- Contribute to providing an out-of-hours media response capability
- Work collaboratively with from brief creation through to follow-up and delivery of final project.
- Alignment: Help to ensure consistency of communications across all external and internal channels, partnering with leadership and key colleagues across the organisation.
- Champion a digital first approach to activity planning and execution, ensuring content is appropriately targeted, measured, and engaging.
Skills, experience, and knowledge
- Experience of working in largely autonomous role planning, coordinating projects, creating accurate, measurable and timed communications
- Skilled in creating/writing engaging content for a range of audiences and platforms online and/or in print
- Proven ability to monitor, analyse and report the impact of communication campaigns
- Extensive experience in managing multiple projects to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment that requires coordination between cross-functional teams.
- Extensive communications experience within a relevant environment (educational an advantage)
- Advanced understanding of media platforms for storytelling, like blogs, video, podcasts, social media, SharePoint, and webinars
Please send CV stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.