A leading construction company are looking for a Proposal Designer to join their team.
They are looking for someone creative to take ownership of a project and communicate at all levls of the business. You will be developing concepts and themes that showcase and understanding of our clients and their projects.
The successful designer will join a close-knit, highly motivated and successful team entrusted with converting opportunities into won projects. The candidate will be able to take content from various sources and turn into engaging documents and presentations. Therefore, either a background in tendering or experience of working with a large amount of editorial content would be preferable. It's a fast pace, deadline driven environment which isn't for everyone. It's important the candidate can demonstrate working under similar pressures.
- Research the project and client to propose ideas that demonstrate an understanding of our client's key drivers and to communicate our differentiators and approach
- These ideas take the form of innovative design/themes for proposals documents and the candidate will create all graphics required, (including bespoke packaging, covers, dividers, and graphics for possible iPad submissions)
- Ability to turn written, numerical, and existing content into compelling graphical representations that have impact and are easy to interpret
- Attend start-up meeting with production team to agree strategy, content, presentation and actions
- Co-ordinate proposal input from a variety of stakeholders - liaise with bid manager, estimator, planner and delivery team to capture and build in key information
- Create realistic logistics/sequence drawings
- Ensure timely dispatch and take responsibility for arrival of document
- Prepare material for post-tender interview and responses, including interactive presentations, incorporating media such as film, flash etc.
Skills & Experiences
(A background in design, desktop publishing, advertising, media, or related fields is essential to demonstrate excellent design skills
- Excellent Adobe CreativeSuite (including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), Powerpoint (or other presentation packages) and MS Word skills. Also useful would be experience of 3D design packages and/or interactive presentation skills
- Helpful to have knowledge in tendering/winning work or at the very least previous experience of working in a team delivering to tight deadlines
- Previous experience of putting together presentations in different formats and media
- Ability to remain resilient, calm and measured and particularly during busy periods and when dealing with conflicting priorities
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills who is able to work to strict deadlines without compromising artistic creativity
- Excellent administration skills, attention to detail and eye for accuracy
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.