Our client is a leading creative agency specialising in retail branding, display, VM and conceptual window design. They have a great opportunity for a midweight Project Manager to join their studio. Offices are based in London. They work with a wide range of clients/brands from fashion to department stores.
This role will suit an existing midweight Project Manager, with experience of managing multiple projects bringing with them direct experience from within the creative retail display industry.
This person will be responsible for managing the full end to end project process, with much focus on client facing account management, for one or more large multi-project clients. Although day to day work will be autonomous and self-driven, there will be senior support for this role, with the significant decisions being under direction and worked through as a team.
Reporting to the MD, this role requires a creative and holistic approach to project management. We are looking for confidence, top class interpersonal skills, a detail orientated approach, and an absolute commitment to producing the highest quality customer experience and project delivery, no matter the scope of the project. Excellent levels of brand understanding, and awareness of client needs will be paramount for success within this role, as will the ability to work with, and manage, all stake holders in order to ensure that project outcomes provide maximum profitability and smooth running. We need a practical and solution-orientated thinker who is deadline driven, and a whizz with budgets!
A good eye for aesthetic, and understanding of the design process is a must. This role will require the ability to work easily with 2D and 3D Designers, in-house production management and various external suppliers and collaborators. Previous exposure and understanding of briefing and managing artwork, and knowledge of print processes would be a benefit.
This person will need to demonstrate previous experience of managing both brand window and in-store roll-outs, and bespoke installations. Experience of working with often complicated client allocations, and the ability to deal with shifting project parameters, will be paramount for the occupant of this role to hit the ground running.
- Receiving briefs from clients, and working on initial stages and planning to define a project's scope and goals, alongside a Senior Project Manager
- Work with Designers to create any required visuals, ensuring that the brief is accurate and communicated with the Design team efficiently
- Effectively communicate client and design briefs to Production to enable the 3D sampling stage
- Management of stages of client sign off and approval processes
- Exploring, developing, sampling and costing with various external partners, material and print suppliers, and formers
- Point of contact for external material/fabrication suppliers. This may potentially involve managing international production, and some travel outside of the UK
- Lead in day-to-day communications with clients,from brief through to delivery
- Lead in day to day communication with internal teams in order to run smoothly through each stage of a project
- Establishment of client budget allocation, with control and overseeing of spend and client unit cost generation / quotations.
- Planning and scheduling project timelines, with generation and management of all critical paths, both for internal use, and external scheduling with clients
- Maintaining and updating systems or documents to ensure all is on track on a day to day, and week to week basis
- Placing orders in good time, and according to the internal critical path, in order to meet production and dispatch schedules and client delivery deadlines
- Monitoring large and small deliveries, and working on in-house production scheduling with Production and Operations management
- Working with Operations and Production management on effective packaging and dispatch solutions
- Planning and attending installations, often collaborating with Senior Project Manager. These are mainly overnight installations, and on rare occasions outside of London
- Attending site surveys for internal production requirements, or to introduce external partners to specific sites for planning installations
Essential skills and Experience
- Two years minimum within a similar business or creative retail display/production environment
- Understanding of 3D Visual Merchandising for retail, either via experience in another similar agency/industry or from working directly for a retail brand
- Strong demonstrable and successful client facing PM experience
- Experience with managing external suppliers and collaborators
- Comfort working with roll-out budgets of £250k plus
- Ability and ease with working across multiple projects running simultaneously
- Experience of task managing a team of one or more support staff (could be project by project)
- Demonstrable sense of responsibility and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills and high standards of verbal and written English language
- Good level of numeracy required
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
Please send CV stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.