Our client is a leading creative agency specialising in the retail display sector. They are currently looking for a Project Coordinator to join their busy studio.
The role of Project Coordinator is varied, with tasks and responsibilities ranging across all departments of the business. Reporting directly to The MD and working under daily instruction from a designated Project Manager, this person will work alongside all other members of staff in various capacities.
This busy role spans many spheres of skill set, from creative thinking to logistical planning and organisation. Although this role sits initially in the projects department, there will certainly be some straddling of the two main departments, Projects and Production, where the Project Coordinator should become a lynchpin of communication and often coordination between the two, working across tasks and taking on responsibilities alongside, and in contribution to, all other members of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General assistance to the Project Leads and to the MD, as and when required. This may involve shorter immediate task-based assignments, or more on-going supportive work to span the life of an entire project, alongside a Project Manager
- Communications with clients, and attendance at client meetings, on an ad-hoc basis depending on the needs of the PM or project
- Sourcing of materials and off the shelf elements, often in high quantities and to tight deadlines
- Exploring, developing, sampling and costing with various material suppliers and formers
- Assistance with budget control and creating costings for client quotations
- Coordination of project administration and control documents
- Working with Project Manager's to establish material and elemental order calculations once final client allocations are received
- Monitoring large deliveries and working on in-house production scheduling with the Production management and Project Managers
- Coordination of deliveries, collections, shipments and couriers where required (local, domestic and international)
- Providing assistance on the lead-up to, and during, installations. These are mainly overnight installations, and on rare occasions outside of London
- Some basic site surveying to check measurements, or to introduce external partners to specific sites for planning installations
Essential skills and Experience:
- At least two yrs' experience in a support role within a similar business or creative environment
- Intermediate skills in Excel
- Must have a working knowledge and comfort in using Excel
- Understanding of 3D Visual Merchandising for retail, either via experience in another similar agency/industry or from working directly for a retail brand
- Excellent Communication skills and high standards of spoken and written English
- Good level of numeracy
Advantages (but not essential):
- Design or Art based Education and/or working background
- Practical hands-on creative skills
- Graphic or computer based design skills - Adobe creative suite (illustrator/photoshop/in-design) / Sketch-up / CAD etc
- Practical/Spatial / Visual background
Ideal Personal Attributes
- Exceptional organisational skills
- This role will suit a person with a lot of passion toward their role in the business
- Willingness to learn and grow personally, and with the business is key
- Solution orientated and hands on approach with tons of common sense!
- Ability to act and think pro-actively and work confidently
- Efficiency, practicality and ability to prioritise a must
- Ability to develop strong partnerships generally, and to work well within a small team
Please send CV stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.