PRODUCT TRANSLATOR (FRENCH SPEAKING)
Keywords: (Fashion, Luxury, Translation, Proof Reading)
An entry level native French Speaking Translator is required by one of the world's leading premium fashion and lifestyle retail companies.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a native French speaking individual to join an established Editorial Team as a Product Translator. The main purpose of this role is to help translating fashion and beauty related product descriptions in an accurate and reliable manner, in clear and concise French, whilst preserving the house style.
- Translating product page copy according to in-house style guides; checking accuracy of copy against images as well as grammar and spelling. Ensuring all copy is clear and concise and localized where relevant
- Working to daily deadlines
- Ensuring that all editorial content across the French product pages reflects the aims, values, house style and tone of each site
- Where possible, check accuracy of upload by checking all click-through functionality, size and fit tabs and dropdowns on the product page
- Maintaining house style document, final sign off responsibility lying with Product Editor
- Confidence in replying to emails and attending meetings
- Native French speaker; you will need to be able to write and speak English fluently
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and basic working knowledge of CMS systems
- Proven experience of digital translating and transcreating
- Knowledge of luxury fashion, seasonal trends, designers and brands as well as strong commercial awareness
- The ability to meet tight deadlines
- Confidence to liaise with other teams
- Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously
- Experience working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities
- Ability to think clearly and calmly when faced with issues or problems
- Self-motivated, takes initiative
- A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail
- Time management skills, excellent time keeping and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.