PRODUCT TRANSLATOR (Chinese Speaking)
Keywords - (Translation, Editing, Copy, Product, Ecommerce)
Location - London
Salary - £23,000
A fantastic opportunity for a Chinese speaking Translator to join the Product Editorial Team of one of the world's leading premium fashion and lifestyle companies.
The main purpose of this role is to help ensure that the products on a variety of websites are translated in an accurate and reliable manner, in clear and concise Chinese, whilst preserving the brands style.
- Translating product page copy according to in-house style guides; checking accuracy of copy against images as well as grammar and spelling. Ensuring all copy is clear and concise and localized where relevant
- Working to daily deadlines
- Ensuring that all editorial content across the Chinese product pages reflects the aims, values, house style and tone of each site
- Where possible, check accuracy of upload by checking all click-through functionality, size and fit tabs and dropdowns on the product page
- Maintaining house style document, final sign off responsibility lying with Product Editor
- Native level Chinese speaking and excellent command of the English language; you will need to be able to write and speak English fluently
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and basic working knowledge of CMS systems
- Experience of digital translating, trans-creating
- Sound knowledge of luxury fashion, seasonal trends, designers and brands as well as strong commercial awareness
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with good time management skills
- Confidence to liaise with other teams
- Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously
- Experience working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities
- Ability to think clearly and calmly when faced with issues or problems
- Self-motivated, takes initiative
- A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.