KEYWORDS: (Conceptual, Ecommerce, Product, Retail, Innovation
A Product Designer/Developer is urgently required by a leading international retail/ecommerce company to work in their London offices on a range of licenced and non-licenced brands including global TV, movie entertainment, personality and sports licenses.
You will join a team of creatives in a vibrant open-plan office in a challenging, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
They are looking for a candidate who can conceptualize new products across a broad range of interest groups and product forms and bring those to fruition from concept through to mass production. Strong creative, organizational and business skills are required for this role.
- Create 30 to 40 new products each year for one of the UK's leading companies from concept through to mass production.
- Ability to create products targeted to established buyer base as well as to provide innovation to establish new product forms and target markets.
- Write concept statements and undertake market & product research to support each new design.
- Write product briefs detailing product description and design for vendor sourcing.
- Obtain quotes from vendors through a competitive bidding process, negotiate pricing, work to re-engineer products to achieve targeted costs.
- Manage product development process to ensure on-time product delivery.
- Review & critique clays sculptures and samples.
- Ensure products meet with licensor requirements.
- Resolve sampling/production problems.
- Ensure products adhere to company, licensor and regulatory standards.
- Prepare cost of goods sheets in Excel based on vendor quotations and standard costs.
- Write and conduct creative briefs for collateral (brochures, advertisements) which promote new products.
- Proofread promotional brochures, advertisement and packaging collateral to ensure accuracy and optimal selling position.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders: marketing, creative, customer service, and warehouse.
- Work collaboratively with outside stakeholders: licensors, vendors, artists to achieve product development endeavours.
- Undertake research as it relates to product forms or product categories.
- Commercial Product development and design experience
- Proven product development track record
- Ability to work independently and achieve schedule deadlines and financial targets
- Candidate should have an interest in a workplace which utilizes both analytical and creative abilities.
- Clear communication skills
- Attention to detail (numerical proficiency, spelling, checking work for accuracy)
- Ability to liaise with staff in other departments
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal & external contacts
- Strong organizational skills
- Work to deadlines
- Photoshop, Word, Excel, powerpoint
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.