PRODUCT DESIGNER (Conceptual, Rendering, Visualisation)
Keywords (Photo Realistic Design, Illustration, Photoshop, Product Rendering, Mac)
Salary - £25,000 - £35,000
Location - London
An experienced Product Designer is required by a leading international retail/ecommerce company to work in their London offices on a range of licenced and non-licenced brands from TV, Film, Celebrities, Sports and Lifestyle.
This company creates a variety of unique products that span a range of themes and product categories. You will work in a diverse, challenging and fast-paced environment within a creative and collaborative team.
As a conceptual designer, you will be responsible for creating digital designs which realistically render conceptualised products. Working from brief to completion, you will develop photo-realistic product images whilst choosing the appropriate media styles to meet the product objectives. This role calls for someone with creativity who enjoys meeting challenges head on.
The right candidate must be naturally artistic, passionate and have superb illustration skills. You will also be fully proficient in all Adobe packages with exceptionally strong Photoshop skills. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented conceptual Product Designer to work in a busy creative department. They are looking for a hands-on talented team-member who demonstrates passion for all things creative with a portfolio to back this up
The successful candidate will ideally have 4-5 yrs in-house design experience working on multiple projects.
- Create high standard renderings of products to a supplied brief - using Photoshop, Illustrator, Photography, 3D software, composting and digital painting.
- Work to product developers' briefs - collaborate to understand the design and apply your creative skills to enhance the final product.
- Design and create exceptional product visuals for both offline and online channels.
- Work with a range of creative styles, licenses and product forms.
- Produce accurate print ready art files - including decal art, labels, and instructions.
- Photography - Utilise camera and lighting in an in-house studio to photograph and retouch products for advertising purposes.
- Inspire creativity and innovation throughout all design work and undertake research as it relates to the design (product, historical, design references).
- Push the standards of design execution by keeping up-to-date with design techniques and competitive advertising.
- Proficiencies: MAC based with advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator, and experience with InDesign and Photography.
- At least 1 year experience drawing digitally on a Wacom or equivalent tablet device.
- Experience of producing high quality artwork to deadline from initial mock-up to final design.
- Interest in the way people choose and use products.
- Comfortable working closely with Creative, Design and Marketing teams to design solutions.
- Keen to learn and adapt existing skills to new software and devices.
- Self-starter able to use initiative to run projects and solve problems.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to remain calm under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Desire to be part of a project from its inception to completion
- Knowledge of 3D modelling software not essential, but a bonus.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.