Our client is an international B2B media group with interests in exhibitions, conferences, education, publishing and online media. They are currently looking for a Print Production Executive to join their London team.
Working predominantly but not only their flagship magazine you will be responsible for liaising with the sales teams and copy-chasing display advertising for the magazine and its associated online newsletters. You will also be responsible for managing the copy supplied by the editors and communicating this to the design team.
We are looking for someone who can liaise between designers, global editors and sales team and keep them up-to-date with how the magazines production is going, highlighting any possible issues or bottlenecks. You must be highly organised and diligent and be able to handle the collection of advertising materials and editorial content which they will distribute to the design team.
A large (and often understated) part of production involves dealing with people, particularly those who work in the company: sales, marketing, editorial and design. The right candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills to manage this.
Magazine Specific responsibilities:
- Copy chase and manage deadlines for all the advertising material with advertisers and request artwork files
- Flight-check supplied ads for print suitability and size
- Layout flatplans with data from salesforce (database)
- Liaise with printers and mailing house to get quotes to establish print and mailing costs are within budget
- Raise purchase orders for print, paper and mailing
- Chase editorial team for copy
- Liaise with database for mailing lists and send to mailing house
- Produce print orders and instructions for printers and mailing house
- Send regular status updates to editorial and sales teams on the production schedule
- Create and manage flatplans for showguides for other events
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers
- Copy chase online banner artwork for email newsletters
- Drop in banner ads to email newsletters
- Send out 2-3 newsletters using dotmailer per week.
- On-site newsletter compiling at key international shows (with travel)
- Logging new jobs for the design team via online job scheduling portal
- Adding content to online version of magazine via web portal
Experience and skills required:
- Relevant work experience within an agency/media or publishing company
- Knowledge of colour management, materials, print, repro and finishing processes
- Good MS office skills
- To mange multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Some digital experience
- Experience of Salesforce or willingness to learn
- Basic knowledge of design applications for print (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) within a mac environment
- Strong attention to detail
- 'Can do' approach
- Good time management
- Happy out-going temperament
Please send CV stating salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.