PR Account Manager (X2)
Up to £40k
As an Account Manager, you are instrumental in the success of your clients' PR programmes, with support from account directors or the company directors.
You are likely to be the primary day to day contact for the client, and are responsible for ensuring that client work is done in a timely fashion. You will have good relationships with your clients and feel confident to answer questions and make suggestions, knowing when to involve more senior team members in discussions. You will understand how your day-to-day PR activity fits into the broader PR strategy.
Key responsibilities for your clients include:
· Understand the deliverables for each of your clients, KPIs and the project plan, and keep on top of what is being delivered, including:
o Ensure relevant features are pitched in a timely fashion
o Managing the process of article creation and placement
o Securing interviews
o Managing rapid responses and securing coverage
o Take ownership of reporting and ensure that client reports are produced, with input from account director and account executive, in a timely fashion.
o Produce weekly or internal reports as required.
· Use your initiative to identify any possible problems or concerns on any client and flag internally before the client raises a problem.
· Help the directors prepare and deliver PR plans.
· Manage client expectations about workloads and anticipated results.
· Establish strong working relationships with your clients and feel confident making recommendations
· Understand your clients business and where they fit into their industry
· Understand what your client expects / hopes from the PR programme and what they count as true success (understanding it might not just be coverage quantity)
· Deliver projects and campaigns against briefs
· Keep your director updated about how each client is doing each month
· Work with other team members to understand how workload is shared and different responsibilities
· Coordinate international PR activity as appropriate
· Always stay focused on the quality of all work for all your clients, including written materials
· Have the ability to effectively communicate each client's key messages, whether it is though press releases, case studies and articles or feature pitches
· Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate members of the press
· Ensure you are up to speed with social media trends and tools, to be able to make recommendations to clients as appropriate
· Through regular reading of our key press, both in the UK and overseas, stay up to date with what is going on in the IT security industry at large and identify trends or discussions your clients should be getting involved in
· Be able to identify what is and isn't news and be able to communicate that angle in a press release, pitch or over the phone confidently and quickly
· Ensure clear and regular lines of communication with your Account Director, and proactively keep him/her informed of work in progress, sharing / generating ideas, giving your own views and perspective on what to do next etc.
In addition, for Eskenzi, your responsibilities include:
· Support new business activity within the agency
· Always be on the lookout for things we can do differently or better, either internally or for clients
· Never accept 'good enough'
· Ask 'what can I do to help?'
· Take opportunities to teach or to learn - ask or explain why
· Lead by example with your attitude, enthusiasm and attention to detail
· PR our success - seize opportunities to publicise the work we do, either through our newsletter, directly with clients, or more widely through PR Week etc
· Keep client case studies up to date
· Identify and enter relevant awards for Eskenzi or its clients
· Be able to prioritise and schedule workload effectively, be focused on client objectives, and be able to ask for help when needed
· Take responsibility for updating the Eskenzi website with news
· Identify any 'gaps', for example if someone is on holiday or unwell, and be proactive in suggesting how they should be managed
· Be confident in your writing skills to be able to help write content for your clients if required.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.