Keywords (Design, Package, Creative)
Location - London
Salary- Up to £30k
Our exceptional client is currently recruiting for an ambitious Packaging Designer to join their team based in London.
If you have previous experience within packaging and would like a new challenge within a successful worldwide brand in the international housewares industry, then please read the below!
This is an important role as part of the New Product Development team and reports directly to the Head of 2D Creative. The successful candidate must be a highly motivated, hands-on creative with the ability to see a brief through from initial concept to final print-ready artwork and eager to push the brand forward with industry-leading design. They should be highly creative and be able to demonstrate excellent layout, typography and art direction skills. They should also have experience in the design of structural packaging for products and be confident working out technically effective cutter guides for cardboard packaging. Working to two seasonal launches a year, the role requires a highly organised individual who is able to work to critical paths, manage multiple projects at once and deliver work on budget to set deadlines.
- Create industry-leading packaging design that raises the brand profile, engages with consumers and clearly communicates the product USP
- Produce highly finished concepts and 3D card mock-ups of packaging for internal review
- Undertake art direction on photo shoots for packaging imagery and carry out high quality retouching of images as required
- Produce press-ready artwork of packaging to in-house guidelines including input of all language translations and legal requirements
- Provide support as part of the 2D team in the design and artwork of sales presenters, seasonal product catalogues, exhibition graphics, in-store merchandisers and promotional materials
- Stay on top of latest innovations and changes in print and packaging design - propose new ideas, help improve practice, investigate new materials and print techniques
- Like most creative businesses, the 2D department operates on an Apple Mac platform
- A high level of competency in the lastest Adobe Creative Suite is essential, in particular using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience in 3D drawing/rendering software such as KeyShot/SolidWorks an advantage
- A high level of competence in Microsoft Office software - PowerPoint, Word, Excel etc.
Key experience and skill requirements
- A degree in Graphic Design or similar creative discipline
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar creative environment
- Experience of structural design for product packaging
- A highly organised personality and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to deliver high quality results, at times under pressure
- A consumer-focused approach to design
- Exceptional conceptual and executional abilities
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.