ONLINE CONTENT PRODUCER (Writer, Journalist, Editorial)
A Sports, Entertainment and Lifestyle brand
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Keywords: (Editorial, Digital, Web, Social Media, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Sports, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Publishing, Media, Data Analytics, Audience Engagement, News Reporting, Interviewing)
As an Online Content Producer you will be responsible for generating content across channels, both owned and social and understanding the value and effectiveness of that content so that you can continue to build large, engaged audiences.
Reporting into a News Editor on a daily basis as well as working closely with other teams to ensure that the content produced is in line with the media strategy, values and tone of voice.
This job requires a broad range of skills across social media and editorial but, most importantly, a forward thinking 'can-do' attitude.
* Conceive, Research, Investigate and Produce content for Digital mediums (Website & Social Media)
* Provide community management support across social media platforms, with particular attention to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
* Produce engaging, informative and innovative on-platform content for new and existing channels
* Use analytical tools e.g. CrowdTangle, Socialbakers etc to understand the value and performance of content on social
* Write and sub-edit news stories, event reports and features quickly and accurately whilst adhering to brand 'style'
* Conduct interviews professionally for text stories and video features and transcribe those interviews accurately
* Represent the brand's values in an appropriate way while implementing a less formal 'tone of voice' across their content
* Attend events to capture content for the brand's owned and social channels
* Publish text stories to the website and videos using a Content Management System
* Basic photograph editing/manipulation
* Accurate proof reading
- Ideal candidates will have experience of online publishing for a sports, entertainment or news media company/website.
- Bursting with new ideas across existing social media platforms and potential new ones
- Commercial experience of producing compelling social content and using analytics tools to inform publishing decisions
- Experience with news reporting and interviewing
- Formal training in journalism or related field is desirable but not essential.
- Strong writing skills
- Expertise in generating and publishing content on all major forms of social media
- A knowledge and passion for sports entertainment is ideal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player
- Some understanding of social media analytics tools
- This role involves flexi hours and weekend work, specifically to cover events outside of regular office hours.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.