Our client is a growing creative design agency, based in Kent. They work with a wide range of clients, from global brands to smaller companies. They are an innovative agency with a strong reputation for delivering beautiful and intelligent business communications solutions with inspiration and integrity. They are seeking a midwieight Developer to join their dev team. Happy with flexi remote working.
Our development team
Our development team is responsible for bringing the outstanding concepts, websites and interactives designed and created by the Design and Strategy teams to life. To do this well, our developers have to be creative, analytical and empathetic themselves; they are able to understand colleagues' creative intentions and translate this into lean, elegant code that provides the aesthetic and functionality.
You will have a chance to innovate and expand the boundaries of your creativity. Your ideas will have impact and you will own your own work. The management structure is relatively flat and we have a high level of trust in our people to do what is best for our clients and the company.
This level of trust and mutual support is reflected in the flexibility of our working environment: we want you to fulfill your role to the best of your ability and it gets busy, but we know you have a life outside of work. Having a good work-life balance helps to feed your creativity and wellbeing and allows you to reach your full potential. We have a happy, informal and supportive working environment with a great range of benefits and opportunities to learn.
We're looking for a smart, focused developer to join the team in producing work of the highest quality possible to help us maintain our reputation for creative brilliance. For this, we need you to be able to do the following:
- Work alongside the senior developers to develop, build and maintain a wide range of projects in a fast moving environment.
- Collaborate with team members across design and strategy teams to accurately create online experiences from artwork and concepts
- Liaise comfortably with clients via telephone, physical and online meetings.
- Organise work across multiple projects at any one time.
and have the following:
- Minimum 2+ yrs of WordPress / PHP Experience
- Experience in front-end technologies (HTML/CSS/JS).
some experience with:
- Gutenberg editor and custom block development.
- PHP templating languages such as Blade and Twig.
- Relational databases such as MySQL and MariaDB.
- GIT version control
- Consuming REST APIs
- Installation/managing reporting tools such as Google Analytics.
In an ideal world we'd also love you to have some knowledge:
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Laravel would be a benefit.
- Knowledge of TailwindCSS and AlpineJS.
- Knowledge of build scripts and continuous integration systems.
- DevOps experience - AWS, Nginx/Apache/LiteSpeed, DNS, SSL etc.
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch and Figma.
- Experience of ecommerce platforms such as WooCommerce.
Please send CV and online portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.