We're looking for a midweight designer to join a wonderful educational company based in Ealing who have nearly 700 mathematics and English study centres throughout the UK. You will work with a team of in-house designers within the Brand Marketing team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: concept generation and design for online and print ads, posters, artwork for social media, commercial signage for our study centres, manuals, newsletters, brochures, Prezi and PowerPoint templates and typesetting leaflets.
Additionally, the Designer will support the Junior Designer and provide guidance and direction on projects across the team.
- To produce creative solutions to communicate key messaging and increase visibility of brand.
- To prepare and format artwork for delivery to various suppliers.
- To maintain digital and manual filing systems of past and present artwork and artwork documentation, such as up-to-date media release consent forms.
- To maintain consistency in branding, adhering to brand guidelines and input of the design team.
- To take the lead in Commercial signage and be the main point of contact for all design aspects of commercial signage projects being progressed.
- To ensure quality of materials is maintained by all areas of the business.
- To take part in creative brainstorming sessions and share ideas.
- To mentor the Junior Designer and provide direction and feedback on all projects being progressed by the team.
- To be able to communicate the reasons behind design decisions and creative directions when required.
- To meet project managers to discuss briefs, ascertain project objectives and the requirements of the job.
- To interpret briefs and provide innovative design concepts to suit their purpose.
- To think creatively in order to produce new ideas, transferring basic designs into eye catching creative solutions.
- To communicate directly with Associates, Instructors and suppliers to give input on design, layout and production of marketing and communications materials.
- To liaise with printers, project managers, designers, agency personnel and other marketing specialists on projects to ensure all quotes and delivery times are acceptable.
- To keep all parties updated with news on delivery of printed items as appropriate and chase as necessary to make sure items arrive on time.
- To manage, prioritise and schedule a varied work load.
- To attend supervision, training, and meetings as and when required. There may be a necessity for these to be outside of normal working times and at weekends.
- To participate in projects and events to meet business needs, even when these duties go outside of the usual remit of your role.
- At least 4 yrs experience in a similar role
- Relevant design based qualification
- Professional manner
- Well organised with the ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines
- Flare for creativity
- Able to use own initiative
- Enjoys finding creative solutions
- Has good working knowledge and is competent in the use of a Mac and design programmes: Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Office.
- Good communicator both orally and in writing
- Good attention to detail and proof reading ability
- Ability to work as a team member whilst at the same time work under own initiative
- Ability to manage, prioritise and schedule varied workloads
- To be able to communicate the rational behind concepts and discuss them convincingly
- Full drivers licence (manual as a minimum)
- Willing to travel regularly to other UK offices / study centres as and when required (with possible overnight stays)
- Willing to travel to overseas to other world-wide Kumon offices as and when required (with overnight / weekend stays)
- Dreamweaver, Flash, Adobe After Effects, HTML, Prezi, MailChimp
- Ability to produce moving web based artwork
- HTML and e-newsletter design
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.