MARKETING AND EVENTS COORDINATOR
KEYWORDS - (Planning, Scheduling, Seminars, Conferences)
SALARY - £28,000 - £32,000 (12-14 month Maternity cover)
LOCATION - London
An experienced Marketing and Events Coordinator is required by a leading London based Financial Consultancy to join their team of successful Marketing professionals.
This role is responsible for managing and co-ordinating the company's events across all service lines ranging from private dinners, breakfast seminars, networking drinks, to full day conferences, ensuring that they are planned and delivered to a high standard, on time and within budget. Reporting to the Marketing Manager this role is pivotal to the core business strategy to help increase the company's brand and authority as a market leader.
- Manage schedule for all events ensuring they align to the company's objectives and have secured budget approval.
- Manage the end to end delivery of all events, including event logistics such as: finding and booking venues, budget management, negotiating with and managing suppliers, liaising with speakers, event day management and event related administration
- Maintain "Upcoming Events" page on the website ensuring it is always up to date with contents of all events that are being organised as well as events that company staff are attending as panellists or guest speakers.
- Work closely with the event owners and associated team or clients if co-hosting, to manage delegate lists - ensuring guests are of a high calibre.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create high quality marketing materials such as e-invites, printed invites, post event surveys, roller banners and information packs.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with event suppliers, and using negotiation skills to keep event costs to a minimum including all merchandise.
- On-site management of staff during events to ensure smooth running of registration process, timings of seminar sessions, catering etc.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reporting of all event activity on specific KPIs as agreed with Marketing Manager.
- Outstanding organisational, planning and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and deliver quality work to deadlines.
- Experience within a Financial environment or similar would be ideal but not essential.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and negotiate effectively.
- Commitment and ability to take ownership to deliver an exciting events programme.
- High personal and professional standards.
- Demonstrating a hands-on approach, a forward-thinking and positive attitude, and a willingness to assist other team members when required.
- A self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with both internal and external stakeholders; the ability to listen, advise and manage expectations.
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure.
- Capable and confident to quickly build up knowledge of the industry.
- Taking charge of the leadership and management of all events.
- Confident communicator, able to work comfortably with senior managers and stakeholders.
- Circa 5 yrs minimum experience in similar role
- Passion for events
- Good attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Good time management and organisational skills
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.