Our client is a leading online fashionwear brand who has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Designer to join their creative studio team. Their offices are based in London and the team is currently working 2 days remote 3 days in the office. We are seeking a Lead Designer to lead our expanding creative studio.
As our Lead Designer, it's your job to manage, inspire and nurture the creative team. We are looking for someone to oversee the creation of all assets to support the brand communications and product marketing - and with a track record of collaboratively producing visually impactful, show stopping assets for a digital brand.
- Lead the development of an elevated and refined brand look and feel - and turn it into a brand system that works hard for us every day.
- Recruit, manage, develop and motivate a small team of internal designers (and a cluster of external)
- Partner with the Head of Brand to create a strong briefing regime that clarifies needs immediately, and focuses all of our effort on crystal clear end uses.
- Own and manage the visual style and identity of the brand across all our channels.
- Stay up-to-date with latest best practices and visual trends.
- Manage the workload across the creative team
- Recruit art directors for larger shoots
- Supply art direction directly for lighter, smaller scale shoots
- Roll your sleeves up and artwork
- Set the standards for the creative team in terms of asset management - and make sure it's possible to find what we need, when we need it
You will report to the Head of Brand - but of course you'll need to work autonomously and independently. You'll work alongside and you'll be supported by a Mid-weight Designer and Junior Designer, and agencies / freelancers where required.
The Right Candidate
In an ideal world, you'd have ...
- A minimum of 7yrs' experience as a digital creative designer
- A natural eye for a look that is elegant, elevated and refined
- But also a sense of humour taste for the offbeat and the occasional easter egg
- Total Adobe Suite & Figma fluency
- Experience of meeting print deadlines - ideally for magazines or catalogues
- A portfolio that shows a real spike in high impact digital content.
- You should know your way around a facebook ad, and understand intuitively what works
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and responsive design
- Natural storytelling chops
- A taste for (great) puns
- Experience managing design teams - and great comms skills
- An instinct for organisation and housekeeping
- Experience in designing print using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and checking proofs and producing print ready PDF's.
Not essential but a real advantage at least one of the following capabilities....
- Basic illustration
- Motion graphics / kinetic type [think: after effects]
- Video editing [think: premier pro; final cut]
BUT ... more than anything else, we're looking for:
- Commercial instincts - a great, natural sense for what matters, what moves the needle, and what is actually viable, from the perspective of our budget and our brand
- Great project management skills - the ability to plan work, track progress and keep the wheels turning
- A bias to action - a proven track record of getting things done, at high tempo
- The standard startup toolkit: initiative, energy, a high degree of comfort in an unstructured environment, and a willingness to work across a broad range of roles
- Ideally, an authentic interest in fashion / lifestyle
Comp & Benefits
You can expect:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days of holiday - and 1 additional for each year of service
- Vitality health insurance
- 3% pension matching
- 3&2 working week - work from home (or anywhere else) 2 days per week
Please send CV and portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.