Our client is a global communications agency currently looking for a Lead Designer to manage their small design studio. This position is for 12 months FTC to cover maternity. We are looking to start this position in Jan 2018.
As a key part of the creative team you will help deliver impactful and innovative designs to their clients and internal communities. Working with marketing, new business and client teams, using creative vision and a keen eye for detail to solve problems. Taking ownership of projects and the quality of work produced within the team for on and offline work.
We are looking for a talented and versatile Lead Designer to join our busy and fast-paced design and production team.
You will be working with corporate marketing, new business and client materials including designing within Powerpoint and InDesign and we would need you to bring a high level of experience of this. This is a key role within the creative services team and reports into the Group Content and Marketing Partner. Entrusted with a high degree of creative ownership, you will manage a small team of designers, taking ownership of projects and quality of work produced. This is a rewarding role for a team player with a positive attitude, working in a friendly, focussed and hard working environment.
- Take overall responsibility for on and offline work produced for internal account handlers, including (but not exclusive to) PowerPoint, Factsheets, web cards, social media cards, white papers and reports (in both InDesign and Word), email templates, banners, brochures, leaflets
- Manage a team of junior designers to ensure all work produced meets internal briefs
- Mentor all team members to ensure progression and improvement
- Project manage all design assignments, ensuring all work is scheduled, produced on time, and to a high standard
- Liaise with third party providers and agencies as and when needed
- Ensure all design work produced to promote the business is on-brand and meets brand guidelines
- Help to source and manage freelancers as and when required
- Work with client handler teams to create high level design and branding material for client pitches
- Experience in a similar role, preferably in a corporate comms environment
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Strong team management and mentoring skills
- A broad portfolio which demonstrates expertise across a range of platforms
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven experience in working within brand guidelines
- A good understanding of print processes
- Strong typography skills
Please send CV and portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.