My client is a fast growing game development company, using cutting edge technology across multiple platforms.
To help achieve this ambition, they are looking for a talented Lead Game Designer to join their team. Reporting into the Producer, the Game Designer will create, design and implement features and game updates to ensure all games, based on Unreal Engine 4 technology, are authentic, appealing, challenging and fun for players worldwide.
- Ideation and creation of design features and future game updates
- Creation and maintenance of design documents used by feature teams to develop various games
- Creation, Implementation and balancing of game features using Unreal Engine 4
- Provide insight to anticipate technical/workflow issues and provide solutions
- Ownership, management and implementation of the localisation database
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute design plan to a high quality
- A great knowledge of games and an excellent understanding of what makes them work
- Passion and aptitude for practical game and simulation system development
- Strong communication with people at all levels of the business, with the ability to outline and explain gameplay features to cross-disciplinary team
- Experience balancing complex gameplay systems
- Games design experience of developing game content
- Strong maths is desirable
- Practical knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 is desirable
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.