JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
KEYWORDS: (Corporate, Print, Digital, Internal, External, Marketing Communications, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
SALARY: £18,000 - £24,000
LOCATION: London (Central)
A talented Graphic Designer is required by a leading London based Financial Consultancy to join a team of successful Marketing professionals.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for design, strong technical skills and the ability to change to satisfy multiple projects and stakeholders. They are looking for someone who uses their initiative, draws on varied influences and who is used to working to tight deadlines.
You will be responsible for the design of documents, digital materials, and templates internally as well as several clients. Depending on experience and skillset, there may be the opportunity to get involved in other projects with design elements.
The person in this role needs to have good technical design and layout skills and the ability to work both quickly and accurately. They should be able to provide guidance and input into the design projects they work on and respond professionally to feedback. The successful candidate will be just as comfortable following a detailed brief to the letter as they are taking a collection of ideas and turning them into fully designed output ready for review.
Strong communication skills and a can-do attitude are a must. This person will need to be able to 'hit the ground running' and will need to be comfortable working with a range of internal stakeholders, as well as external agencies and clients, although client contact will be minimal. You must be able to produce work that is suitable for a professional audience, and be passionate about design, able to draw inspiration from other industries, sectors, and disciplines. The company are looking for their image to be distinctive - immediately recognisable, but also original and engaging.
The ability to deal with multiple deadlines is critical. There will be significant opportunities to learn and grow and the successful candidate needs to have the ambition to cope with and be excited by a very busy environment
- Working closely with the rest of the Marketing team to ensure that design projects are aligned with the objectives of the business as a whole and educating stakeholders on how to prepare an effective design brief
- Production and sub-editing of reports and other documents for internal and external clients
- Making agreed amendments to existing materials
- Reformatting documents and other materials to reflect house style
- Developing diagrams and graphics for presentations and other purposes
- Sourcing and adapting stock imagery and proprietary photography for use in internal and external client documentation
- Development of marketing and design templates for use in Microsoft Office and other environments, including social media
- Providing input into design aspects of a variety of projects internally and for clients
- Support any wider marketing initiatives as and when required
- Ensuring all work is delivered in a timely manner, and to the standard agreed
- Design related degree-level or similar/equivalent qualifications
- A minimum of 2 yrs' experience in a similar role
- A flair for design
- Excellent skills with Adobe creative software suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Excellent command of English and the ability to spot grammatical and spelling errors
- Experience with Illustration and/or Video Editing will be a bonus but not essential
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.