We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Designer to join an established publishing/media agency who produce market-leading b2b titles, events and digital content for the retail sector. This is a new role in the design team due to expansion. They are working a hybrid system, coming into the London office 1 day per week, 4 days remote.
Would you like to be part of a growing team that supports the business to deliver the best design across all content through B2B publications, websites and events? We're looking for a junior designer who has had 1-2 years' experience working at a publisher, or busy in-house studio. Someone interested in working on a variety of in-house projects ranging from creating collateral for social media campaigns to laying out exciting editorial features and creating web banners and gifs for our three websites.
Your role is to assist the design and production team to deliver accurate, informative and visually exciting design to our growing audience across the independent retail channel. You will support the Head of Design to ensure all content accurately reflects the audience and strategy.
- To deliver accurately designed templated pages and full creation of spreads to brand on our five titles
- To work across teams to ensure all marketing, events, editorial and digital collateral are strong and on brand
- Prioritise key tasks and hit deadlines
- To create events and marketing collateral including large-scale banners, brochures and web banners
- To help grow the reach of our print and online audience
- To lay out pages in InDesign and use Photoshop to edit images for print and web
- To use images effectively and have an eye for typography and the balance between image and text
- To understand the basics of design, including using grids, have an eye for detail and understanding hierarchy in copy
You will be confident in providing support to the team, with the ability to manage effective workflows ensuring the timely design of pages and products. You will be proactive in delivering high-quality design that adheres to brand guidelines in time-sensitive environments.
You will be dependable and have great organisational skills to help the business deliver solutions that guarantee a return on investment for our customers.
You will be able to communicate information across teams within the business and ensure the consistency of our brands across all streams. You will champion our design processes, ensure teams adhere to our artwork brief system and be able to articulate your design across different departments.
You are team-focused, taking ownership of and pride in your work within the group.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience using Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects) and Microsoft Office
- Some experience in a publishing, studio or marketing environment
- Experience in providing timely and accurate design
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organisational skills, with a great eye for detail
- A good eye for photography and layout, with a knowledge of typography and design on different projects
- A degree or equivalent in Graphic Design
Please send CV and portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.