Our client is an independent, non-for-profit organisation that helps city leaders, Government and businesses improve their economic performance by offering practical research and policy advice.
We are looking for an experienced Graphic/Digital Designer to lead on all design and digital communications work.
This is a varied and creative role, suited to a self-starter with a keen interest in how well-presented ideas can enhance and improve communications and policy impact. The Designer will be given a high level of autonomy and encouraged to bring ideas to the table to help continue to develop their brand. They will also work closely with the Head of Communications and Head of External Affairs to ensure these ideas are a core part of their overall strategy.
- Lead on the design and printing process for all publications, working with the Research team to creative innovative charts and data graphics
- Act as an ambassador of the brand, working with the Head of External Affairs to ensure all print and online output maintains a high visual standard and adheres to their brand guidelines
Social media Management
- Content creation and management of social media channels, in particular Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and be the point person for the team on advice for use of their personal channels
- Continue to develop engaging visual and written content for social media around projects and research themes, monitoring the engagement and impact
- Prepare content for newsletters, using analytics to develop and enhance the content, design, timing and frequency of the bulletins
- Proactively and strategically develop all social media channels, seeking to grow both audiences and engagement
- Produce daily reports on events to help inform blog and social media activity and content generation
Digital Content and Data Visualisation
- Lead on the monthly podcast series - working with the Policy Officer to develop interesting, policy relevant topics and high level guests each month
- Develop their multimedia and digital output and recommend ways to enhance and improve its audio and visual content to reach wider audiences.
- Lead on designing and developing interactive and static data visualisations and infographics - both stand-alone and in relation to specific research reports - working with the research team to bring out the right data in the best way
- Manage and update their websites, ensuring content adheres to good SEO practice, in particular editing and optimising blogs and other copy for search engines
- Manage and develop their use of Google AdWords, monitoring and evaluating their impact
- Work with the Head of External Affairs on any major website restructure, and managing and leading on small website or microsite developments related to individual projects
- Keep up to date with key developments and best practice online, in particular in relation to SEO and User Experience
- Ad-hoc support to the EA team as required
- Knowledge and experience of the full Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Illustrator.
- Excellent organisational skills, sharp attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of contributing to or developing a social media plan for a campaign or project launch, including developing effective visual content
- Some experience of managing and maintaining a website CMS, preferably Wordpress and/or experience both editing and preparing new copy for the web
- Some experience using email marketing tools such as MailChimp
Please send CV and portfolio stating salary expectations
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.