Our client, a London based agency are looking for a Head of Studio and Artwork to join their team.
Your responsibility will be for the output of all artwork, working closely with the team of artworkers to ensure all files are within spec and print-ready. In addition to this, the general Studio workflow (Creative and Artworking) will fall under your responsibility, ensuring everything is completed on time and to brief, prioritising jobs according to SLA's and timelines.
- Manage and supervise the Studio (including freelancers) with ultimate responsibility for all artworkers
- Motivate, train and direct work to improve your team's skills and outputs.
- Gauge the skills of each artworker and identify areas for up-skilling through training/courses
- Come up with the best production solution within budget
- Provide production input when involved in new business pitches
- Liaise with client, where appropriate on larger artworking projects
- Sign off all artwork before submitting to client or print, to ensure they meet
- Brief, spec and are of sufficient quality
- To be hands-on with artworking as and when required, especially on more complex and creative jobs
- Responsible to ensure servers, software and hardware are properly maintained by all, putting in place any necessary processes to keep things running in the most efficient way
- Responsible for ensuring all artworkers/freelancers work in the correct manner, saving files correctly by name and location on the server
- Attend pre-production meetings with relevant team members
- Ongoing review and challenge of Studio procedures, implementing workflow and project management processes where necessary to drive efficiency and profitability
- Liaising with the Creative Head and the Client Services Director to ensure sufficient resource is available, planning the work effectively
- Reviewing daily resource and workload schedules and booking freelancers as necessary with approval from Group Creative Commercial Director
- Control the trafficking of all work through the onsite and offsite teams to achieve all client deadlines
- Organising workload priorities and driving team production meetings
- Reviewing and advising on estimates made by Client Services for studio time
- Receive client briefs from Client Services team, work with Client Services Director and Creative Heads to allocate appropriate resource to a project.
- Lead the development and progression of the Studio Team and services.
- Working with the Group Creative Commercial Director, Client Services Director and Creative Heads, ensure billing is maximised wherever possible
- To keep up to date with all production technologies and industry trends
- To own the file management, archiving and the backing up of files
- Manage the Studio Team including; all performance reviews, holiday requests and other HR requirements
Skills and capabilities required
- Have a thorough knowledge of Mac-based programmes - Cinema 4D, Photoshop, illustrator, In-design, Creative Suite etc
- To have in-depth knowledge of Adobe CC, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Have experience in design and marketing
- Have a comprehensive understanding of print production services and studio/prepress environments
- Well developed people-management skills
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills
- Be naturally approachable and work at best in a high-pressure environment
- Must be confident in making decisions and be aware of how they impact those around you
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- Have confidence in workload priorities
- Comfortable liaising with key stakeholders and colleagues from various departments.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.