Our client is a leading high street retail brand looking for a Head of Global Copy to join their studio.
|Purpose of role: |
A strong, motivational and passionate individual who will lead and bring to life the global brand's language and tone of voice. You will be a verbal thinker with a love and passion for words, a natural communicator who can translate the brand's purpose in a clear, distinctive and unique way.
You will lead and deliver best-in-class, distruptive 360 omnichannel campaigns, partnering closely with the Head of Creative and cross functional teams to create holistic customer first journies across all channels. This is both a directing and hands on position responsible for translating briefs to creative strategic platforms and stories, creating world-class campaigns from concept through to execution.
You will thrive on new challenges, willing to think and work in new ways and able to communicate positively, debate with peers and influence various stakeholders. You manage a team by balancing both clear expectations with space for individuals to bring the very best of themselves.
|Key Job Accountabilities:|
- Lead and develop a deep understanding of the Brand Purpose and business strategies to deliver high quality campaigns and tone of voice through a 'consumer first' lens; promoting products whilst building the brand through compelling 360 stories
- Bring the global brand strategy, purpose and positioning to life and effectively communicate this in a coherent, disruptive and distinctive verbal language across all touch points; from products, packaging to the instore, online and digital experiences
- Develop, create and implement a rich global brand Tone of Voice and language that is unique and sets us apart in the retail space. You will lead this across the whole business and educate to the wider global functions and markets
- Lead, manage and inspire a team of seasoned copywriter to execute the brands purpose creating inspiring and unique storytelling across all of the brands omni channels and touchpoints. Create and develop rich global content that is inspiring, holistic and customer first in approach.
- Strong Partnership with the Head of Creative, Head of Creative Services, Head of Store Design & VM and multi functional teams, partnering to create Best in Class Campaigns and brand experiences
- Partner with the core Digital teams to ensure creative consistency across all digital output including social, digital display and websites, understanding their product and customer focuses and guiding where local market nuinaces arise
- Lead and champion global consistency across all global touchpoints ensuring that language is clear, compelling and that sets us aside across the globe
- A Strong, confident communicator, influencer and collaborative partner who is able to build strong relationships with cross-functional business stakeholders. Establish strong working relationships between the customer and brand teams supporting to deliver the brands language both internally and externally
- Partner with external agencies to establish consistent, discruptive and striking copy, internal lead for your areas and brand custodian across all outputs
- Deep understanding of their strategic framework and ability to translate it into tone-of-voice guidelines; a champion for the brand
- An excellent team player, flourishes in a multicultural environment
Experience & Skills:
- Proven experience as Copy Lead / Editor working in an agency or in-house role; working cross functionally within a fast-paced environment and delivering strong levels of success through propositions that match corporate objectives
- Passionate about words and creativity, brought to life across multiple touchpoints
- Evidence of delivering strong multi channel campaigns
- Deep understanding of brand identity and how language is intrinsic to image and film content, tone-of-voice, graphic design, digital and packaging design
- Experience working cross-culturally or in a global environment
- Strong communicator, influencer and able to priotise projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills - can communicate concisely and confidently at all levels
- Strong commercial and consumer-focused approach to marketing/events
- Retail/Fashion/Beauty industry experience is an advantage
- Abreast of current trends and competitor set
- Current knowledge of retail brands
- Current knowledge of key Microsoft Office software such as Word and Powerpoint
Please send CV stating your salary expectations.