Our client, is a leading Arts Centre based in one of London's Historical site and they are looking for a Head of Digital to work with their creative community.
9 -12month maternity contract to start in March. This role will manage the strategy and delivery digital activity including the development and launch of their new online platform in 2022.
You will be responsible for a team of four, including our Creators-in-Residence, as well as managing any freelance staff engaged to work on projects. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience working both practically and strategically with digital content and production, ideally in the arts, media and culture sector.
* Oversee the Digital Strategy for Somerset House, alongside the Director of Studios and Producing and in consultation with programming & communications departments (Director of Marketing and Digital, Director of Exhibitions, Head of Studios, Head of Engagement and Skills)
* Manage annual budget for digital programming across departments for delivery of a year-round programme; maximise this budget through centralising resources and identifying areas for technical investment
About the Role
* Oversee development and launch strategy for a new online platform for 2022, leading on the project with external agency, managing relations with stakeholders.
* Work on initiatives that support digital audience growth, enabling it's digital platform and brand.
* Oversee the production of regular reports on digital activity and strategy development to the senior management team
* Identify and act on opportunities to develop their digital activity in ways that support business objectives for audiences and commercial growth
* Oversee unique digital and programme responsive digital commissioning across the business, with the support of the Director of Studios and Producing
* Manage and consult with the cross-departmental team on the programming and production of digital commissions and development of new digital content including budget management, resource and delivery
* Ensure digital programming is in line with their aims and objectives, overseeing a curated digital programme presented on the new online platform.
* Oversee and consult on all aspects of the digital programme and digital iterations of the cultural programme on-site, working closely with other department heads on programming strategy
* Proactively initiate ideas, concepts and partnerships for the digital programme.
* Line manage the Digital Producer, Creators in Residence team, and freelancers working on digital projects
* Manage and consult with members of team working on production of digital-specific projects
* Generate sustainable models for digital production and identify opportunities through schemes such as digital residencies
* Provide consultation in a variety of environments for programming and producing teams across the organisation
* Follow and initiate efficient working practices and processes for the delivery of digital projects, follow and implement standards, systems and best practices for content creation, communication, distribution and analytics
* Oversee any required digital skills development for the staff
* Understanding the needs of the organisation in creating and publishing content ensuring it appeals to diverse audiences, and supports it's business aims
* Advise Marketing Managers and the Social Media Manager on digital aspects of campaigns, including appointing contractors, commissioning and strategy; to ensure best use of the digital budget for the organisation across programming and marketing needs.
* Work and consult with Marketing Managers & the Social Media Manager to ensure all content is high quality, on-brand, inclusive, and uses appropriate tone of voice and language, with optimised release across platforms
* Work with the Website Manager to continue developing the website's form and function to present content in ways that engage and optimise the experience of consuming content for it's target audience
* Work closely with the Social Media Manager to ensure digital content strategies fulfil the aims for digital audience development and growth for the company on social media channels.
Partnerships & Fundraising
* Work with the Development team and Director of Studios and Producing to identify and develop ideas for funders and sponsors to ensure the long-term growth of the digital programme
* Proactively source opportunities for digital and media partnerships
* Manage and oversee digital partnerships collaborating with teams across the company to realise projects
Skills and experience
* Experience of working with digital content and production at a strategic level, ideally within the arts, media and culture sector
* Experience of managing small-medium sized teams
* Filmmaking and audio production skills, including experience and knowledge in directing, editing or producing across a broad range of content
* Experience of working on fundraising pitch opportunities, and managing stakeholder relationships
* Experience of working collaboratively with artists
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.