Our client is a leading high street retail fashion brand with an exciting opporunity for a Head of Creative to join their team. This is ideally a permanent vacancy but they will consider candidates who can start ASAP for an interim 6 month contract.
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer this person will oversee all creative output for the brand. We are looking for somebody with a strong creative vision who can also manage all operational activities and efficiencies. It is essential that this person has excellent leadership and management skills of fairly large creative teams.
You will be repsonsible for leading their brands creative and content strategy, you will have complete accountability for the entire creative department. This role will be split between the operational activities and efficiencies, ensuring costs are controlled and maximum productivity is achieved, whilst maintaining our creative identity and direction.
- Accountable for producing all the creative imagery and copy across online, offline and special projects.
- Collaborate and build strong partnerships with key stakeholders, working closely with and acting as a liaison between creative and the wider business, especially the Marketing, Buying, Design, Visual and Digital department.
- Oversee all creative budgets, ensuring budgets are tracked and expenditure is controlled.
- Report to the CMO on all operational and financial activities.
- Partner with the CMO across multi-functions to fulfil the needs of the business and play an key role in the management team for brand strategy and direction, using this to guide key priorities and output of the creative team.
- Work to ensure that brand integrity is maintained and built upon through the right content, branding, graphics, imagery and shoots.
- Act as a pivotal role for the brand, teams and internal functions to co-ordinate projects and provide two-way communication.
- Manage the creative department's headcount, structure and ways of working, implementing best practice at all times
- Lead strategic process improvements across all aspects of the creative operation. Continuously reviewing the department's performance and productivity, implementing processes to maximise operating efficiency where necessary.
- Be the main point of contact for key information and decision making, including all creative/ content sign-off.
- Oversee the creative direction across all brand assets on-line and off-line ensuring consistency across all touch points. Identify risks to timelines and creating contingency plans as well as communicating status updates regularly to senior stakeholders.
- Management of all editorial content across all platforms.
- Ensure the creative department delivers high quality at all times, while meeting expectations against aggressive deadlines.
- Work alongside the CMO and Head of Studio to align all shoots, styling and moving imagery, ensuring the process is managed from start to end and that all brand output is in line with the brands creative direction and vision.
- Establish close links with the VM and Retail teams to influence and deliver consistency of key messages to the customer through stores.
- Management and direction of external creative agencies (when necessary).
- Responsible for all visual imagery and content within the business developing the visual strategy, infrastructure and processes to deliver brand differentiation and growth globally.
- Continuously develop new innovative ideas which support business growth and moves the brands forward.
- As the Head of Creative Operations, lead by example to build and inspire a high performing team of 20+, that are positive, collaborative, and resilient.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Passion for retail/lifestyle/fashion brands and strong customer knowledge.
- Excellent creative flair with the ability to predict forthcoming moods, trends, themes.
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop the full potential from projects and to take advantage of new developments.
- Combine a creative, innovative approach with commercial ideas.
- Excellent facilitation skills - able to lead a team through effective idea generation to collation of output from group work.
- Results focused - committed to making things happen, ability to juggle initiatives and prioritise those that will have a bigger impact on the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - being able to quickly establish effective relationships at all levels
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on building a team
Please send your CV and portfolio stating you salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.