Salary: Up to 42k
Based in London
Our excellent client is currently recruiting for a Head Of Artwork & Studio to join the team.
You will be accountable for the output of all artwork and working closely with the team of artworkers to ensure all files are within spec and print ready. In addition to this the general Studio workflow (Creative and Artworking) will fall under your responsibility, mostly ensuring everything is completed on time and to briefs. Leading a team of artwork talent, you will look to progress, support and challenge your team and deliver a 1st class service to the client.
- To manage and supervise the Studio (including freelancers) with ultimate responsibility for all artworkers
- To motivate, train and direct work to improve your team's skills and outputs.
- To gauge the skills of each artworker and identify aresa for up-skilling through training/courses
- To come up with the best production solution within budget
- To provide production input when involved in new business pitches
- To liaise with client, where appropriate on larger artworking projects
- To sign off all artwork before submitting to client or print, to ensure they meet
the brief, spec and are of sufficient quality
- To be hands on with artworking as and when required, especially on more complex and creative jobs
- Responsible to ensure servers, software and hardware are properly maintained by all, putting in place any necessary processes to keep things running in the most efficient way
Skills and capabilities required
- To have a thorough knowledge of Mac based programmes - Cinema 4D, Photoshop, illustrator, In-design, Creative Suite etc
- To have in-depth knowledge of Adobe CC, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Have a comprehensive understanding of print production services and studio/prepress environments
- Well developed people-management skills
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills
- Be naturally approachable and work at best in a high-pressure environment
- Must be confident in making decisions and be aware of how they impact those around you
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- Have confidence in workload priorities
- Comfortable liaising with key stakeholders and colleagues from various departments.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.