Our client is a leading communications agency specialising in medical and science communications. We have an opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join their creative team which has built a team culture that nurtures and invests in people.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer who is ready to take on extra responsibilities and is ready for the next step, a midweight who wants to work cross-functionally and develop their strategic skills. If you have 4yrs' experience, and comfortable with conceptual work, and are keen to bring out the best in medical and science communications, then we would love to hear from you.
Overview of the role...
- Responsible for taking project briefs and acting as a go-to for visual storytelling
- Help to manage the workload and time allocation for the design team
- Develop in-house marketing comms materials and internal visual style
- Develop and provide design solutions on a wide variety of client materials - both print and digital - from brief to finished artwork
- Manage client resources, including brand guidelines and logo files
- Ensure client resources are used accurately to maintain brand integrity
- Work closely with other departments to find innovative visual solutions to client requests
- Maintain a high level of accuracy across all work produced
- Advise on workflow and process improvements
The candidate will be...
- Brimming with ideas and ambition - wants to grow and be supported in their development
- A strong communicator working across departments, offering ways to improve work processes
- Highly Skilled across of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, and Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint)
- A strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- Key skills: infographics, typography, template building, branding whole programmes consistently, creating branded emails, working to design specifications for complicated print items, adverts and digital items, interpreting brand guidelines, visual strategy
- Good to have but not vital: Adobe Animate (flash), Dreamweaver, After Effects and other Creative Cloud software
- Bonus: an interest in science and medicine, and a desire to create accurate, engaging healthcare communications for a wide variety of audiences
- 4 yrs or more in graphic design/artworking, preferably with experience of working in an agency environment
About the company...
Take a innovative approach. They're passionate about the potential for medical communications to transform healthcare, and are motivated to develop themselves as part of developing their careers. They see what's possible, and want to work in an environment where asking 'why?', 'what if?' and 'so what?' is just part of the process of delivering creative and innovative projects.
Work smart. They can zero in on the details while keeping the big picture - delivering the difference - in mind. They use planning and organization in order to stay open to change in a fast-paced agency environment. They're comfortable working collaboratively and independently - and can quickly spot which approach is needed for a given situation.
Stay open. They build client relationships though excellent communication, interpersonal skills, full transparency and continually seeking new information and ideas. They're able to accept constructive feedback, and use it as a catalyst for growth. They are trusted by clients, and want to achieve personal and professional satisfaction.
Are real. They're cyclists and artists and home chefs and bookworms and dog-lovers. They're funny and kind and quiet and loud and a little bit different. They're people like you.
Please send CV with portfolio stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.