Freelance Sub Editor needed with native level French Language skills. UK Super brand based in West London.
Start in ASAP - ongoing.
150 to freelancer.
The Chief Sub Editor for my clients French content is accountable for the quality and accuracy of all the translations that appear online or in print. This individual should take ownership for the tone of voice of both editorial and marketing content in their language, settling any linguistic disputes and being a final sign-off for major translation projects. They should also take a proactive approach to managing and developing their team of linguists.
* Be accountable for the quality of all the translated content for the relevant language. This includes subediting all French language editorial content, such as the daily magazine and signing it off in the staging environment, checking proofs for printed publications and regularly reviewing marketing content worked on by the Magazine Writer, Marketing Writer and Marketing Sub Editor.
* Manage a team of one Fashion Writer, one Marketing Writer and one Marketing Sub Editor, covering for the Marketing Sub Editor when s/he is out of office, providing regular linguistic feedback, conducting annual reviews and sharing any concerns about performance with the Translations Managing Editor
* Support the Translations Managing Editor in recruiting the right linguists for the team
* Lead regular meetings with the language team to continue refining the tone of voice of the translated content
* Compile and add to a house-style document for the relevant language
* Liaise with the Marketing Manager for the local market to keep abreast of the impact of translations on sales and customer engagement, identifying ways to improve where possible
* On an ad hoc basis, contribute suggestions to the editorial team of interesting people, events or news stories from the local market that could be featured in the magazine
Essential skills and requirements:
* French is your native language
* Fluent in English, both written and verbal
* Ideally proven experience of editing, subediting and proofreading content within the fashion or a related industry
* Strong attention to detail and sensitivity to tone of voice
* A congenial personality and a team player
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.