Job title: Production Editor, Fashion Shows, online and magazine.
You'll be working for a very experienced Fashion Shows Editor, who will lead the project.
The role of Production Editor will manage workflow, deadlines and internal and external production briefs for the photographic and video content team.
This role will have excellent experience in the Picture or Production team of a relevant and fast
paced publication or content led company.
This is a new international team, within a company led by a strong leadership team with a clear strategy and vision. Within this team you will have the opportunity to help define what we publish and why. You will have access and insights into digital publishing around the world. You'll be working with experienced people in Editorial, Engineering, Data and UX who will form a collaborative team focused on creating the strongest user experience and coverage of fashion events and shows available to our reader.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing end to end digital picture workflow for all fashion shows photography across digital products, ensuring quality is consistent and reviewing our publications
- Acting as communication point for all digital editorial shows requests from our global teams
- Managing detailed annual schedule of fashion weeks to capture all requirements and
- Running and updating the planning tool for the Fashion shows team effectively to include
- all asset briefs, image specs, video specs etc
- Uploading visual fashion shows coverage.
- Ensuring all pictures comply to legal and financial constraints.
- Managing freelance staff and interns, ensuring all fashion shows go live in a calm, timely
- Maintaining relationships with agencies and photographers, working alongside the Head of
- Photography and Head of Video.
- Maintaining a visual photographic strategy for our fashion shows.
- Solving and managing technical issues and challenges with the tech team.
- You will need experience in Photoshop, ad hoc photography, commissioning
- Working with website editors, magazine editors, tech team, archive, management
- accountants, photographers, picture agencies, fashion councils, PR agencies.
- Efficiency, accuracy, attention to detail, confidence and brilliant picture editing skills are
- Be excited by global fashion media and working with smart, interesting editors across many
- markets, time zones and languages to stay up to date.
- Troubleshooting day to day issues and long-term problem solving
- Essential Skills & Requirements: Please use bullet points
- Excellent picture desk organization
- Strong picture research and sourcing skills
- Advanced digital picture editing and research
- Basic understanding of video production
- Experience in commissioning freelance image and video crew and producing production
- Strategy creation and the ability to execute a strategy logistically
- Knowledge of fashion and the fashion industry with some experience in fashion editorial
- Budget assistance and fee negotiation
- Archive management
- Rights management as appropriate
- Advanced Photoshop
- CMS workflow, uploading and publishing
- Workflow and critical path creation and management
- Strong journalistic knowledge in Fashion
- An approach that is outcome driven.
- A people-first person with strong communications both verbal and written, on and offline, and
- ability to rally creative partners around fast-moving schedules
- Speaking multiple languages isn't essential, but would be advantageous
170 to 200 to freelancer.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.