Our client is a leading creative B2B Marketing Agency with offices in 4 countries. They are currently looking for 2 Event Managers to join their expanding team. You will need to have solid B2B experience of conferences, roadshows and c'level breakfasts/ dinners. Their offices are based in Surrey area.
We're looking for an experienced Event Manager who can help us rattle a few cages in the B2B world and turn the heads of those for whom an event has simply joined the noise. You'll be working at a creative agency who want to change the way things are done in B2B events. You need to have tons of initiative, be calm under pressure and have a smart image. And, of course, know B2B events inside out. Reporting to our friendly Account Director, you'll need to be confident, self-motivated, have a smart image, and most importantly, be hungry to learn. We need you right now, and we need you to hit the ground running, so make sure you send your application over the weekend.
The role would include:
- Responsibility for the end-to-end management of a wide variety of B2B event projects across different clients and across multiple regions. This includes the ability to deliver high quality B2B events with a highly proactive as well as reactive approach with the ability to build trusted relations with the client base.
- Management of events on site and attendance at all managed live events (conferences, seminars, dinners, exhibitions, roadshows etc) taking a lead management role to bring the event project to fruition.
- Management of live events on site throughout EMEA, the US and APAC.
- Pre-event management including taking detailed client briefs, preparing proposals, constructing budgets and timelines, attending client meetings and working closely with creative teams, copywriters, printers, audio visual suppliers, external venues and other 3rd party suppliers to ensure projects are executed professionally, on time, and within budget and client expectations.
- Financial control of event projects, including complete cost control throughout the project ensuring best negotiated rates and delivery of each campaign within budget.
- Project management of project team ensuring that all deliverables are delivered ahead of schedule and to the highest possible standard regardless of size or scale of event. Including the detailed planning of all event with the production of timelines, proposals, project plans and regular communication with the client.
- Account management and client nurture. Co-responsibility with an Account Manager for the nurture of each client and the relationships within. Client communications are an essential aspect to the role. The role also requires the individual to add value to client campaigns and events, with the ability to offer advice to the client with regard to best practices and achieving the best ROI from their event.
- Attendance at client and supplier meetings and briefings.
- Experience within a marketing/event environment
- Ideal candidate will be an existing Event Manager with experience in organising live events, meetings and exhibitions within the B2B sector
- Agency experience essential
- Ability to understand client objectives and interpret them to develop a integrated event strategy (including good listening and questioning skills)
- Excellent organiser - must have experience in managing multiple events at any one time with the ability to multi-task and prioritise based upon the event requirements. Candidates will need to understand all aspects to event management from initial briefing to pre-event management, to on site production and through to analysing the success of event projects
- Experience of managing exhibitions, development of exhibition stands and delivering ROI from exhibitions
- Strong project manager - be able to juggle multiple tasks smoothly, be organised, have good time management and be in control. Managing the clients and colleagues expectations accurately with the ability to meet agreed deadlines.
- Experience of line managing an Event Executive, as well as managing a wider team on site at an event, with the ability to troubleshoot on site at events before anyone else, react accordingly and provide solutions to the internal team, external suppliers and clients alike.
- Immaculate attention to detail & writing skills - can input information quickly, accurately and thoroughly. Comfortable with proof reading and basic copywriting
- Financial control - experience of producing client facing budgets and closely of tracking campaign costs.
- Team player - happy to take instructions but also work independently and proactively when required.
- This is a client facing role that needs a professional person who is happy to get involved in a wide range of marketing/event activities and understands how to liaise and present themselves in front of clients and suppliers within a working environment.
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint literate - an good understanding and experience in working with spreadsheets and creating proposals and presentations in PowerPoint
- Calm under pressure - our working environment gets extremely busy.
- Flexibility to travel where required. Clean driving licence essential. Travel around the UK and further afield (including EMEA, USA and APAC ) as event demand requires
Please send your CV stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.