We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Designer to join a leading global brand specialising in the sports and financial sector. This position will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to join a growing team in a vibrant office based just outside of North West London.
You will be responsible for helping to shape their brand identity and user experience across their portfolio of different brands on their websites, app and social media channels.
The successful candidate will have:
- Responsive digital design experience (web design, apps, social etc..)
- Be able to develop a brand identity creating consistent designs across multiple digital platforms
- Understand how people interact with websites, apps, social media and digital touch-points and how to optimise their user-journeys
- The ability to work to strict deadlines
- A keen eye for detail and an obsession with typography, design and layout
Job description & Responsibilities
The Digital Designer will be responsible for taking briefs and creating designs for a wide range of digital platforms, from landing pages, registration forms, web and app pages through to videos and static images for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Creating in-house digital adverts, assets and other visual content in line with agreed branding themes, style guidelines and colour palettes.
- Creating icons and larger vector and raster images to be used on mobile app and website
- Converting hand-sketched or rough, mocked-up images, drawn by the BI and Product Development teams, into pixel-perfect, actual-size designs to be used by the Development Team for product updates.
- Creating annotated style-guide images or documents outlining fonts, margins, row-heights etc.
- Ensuring responsive design is considered for all UI images created and creating multiple images with detailed notes attached, whenever designs change at different screen sizes.
- Keeping up to date with best-practice user interface standards such as Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and developing a deep understanding of how to optimize user experiences through appropriate use of visual design, icons, images, views and controls.
- Working closely with the Marketing and IT Teams and design agencies whenever brand refresh projects are undertaken and taking responsibility for ensuring specs are created to roll new design principles
- Responding to any other visual or image-based requests from any other department be these in relation to internal apps, printed documentation or anything else.
- 2+ yrs of experience working in a digital designer role for a brand or agency
- A portfolio which showcases an ability to produce visually inventive and effective work across a range of platforms, from website to app to social media
- Have experience of responsive design and UI/UX design with the ability to create wireframes
- An understanding of front end programming as the role requires close working relationship with web programmers within the wider team structure.
- Knowledge of industry standard software tools and programming languages including the following but not limited to: Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML5, CSS, Flash, After Effects etc.
- Competitive salary entirely depending on skills and experience
- After 6 months' probation, membership in the bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Group Life Assurance at 4 x salary (after 1 months' service)
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Private Health scheme with discounts to gyms, travel and cinema tickets.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular company social events
- Private car parking
Please send CV and portfolio links stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.