Our client, a sports and financial betting provider are looking for a Junior-Middleweight Digital Designer to support their team *** This role is based in Hertfordshire ***
Collaborating with a range of in-house teams and departments including marketing, business intelligence and development, the Junior Designer will be responsible for taking briefs and creating designs for a wide range of digital platforms, from landing pages, registration forms, web and app pages through to videos and static images for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Creating in-house digital adverts, assets and other visual content in line with agreed branding themes, style guidelines and colour palettes.
- Creating icons and larger vector and raster images to be used on their mobile app and website in a coherent and consistent styling theme.
- Converting hand-sketched or rough, mocked-up images, drawn by their BI and Product Development teams, into pixel-perfect, actual-size designs to be used by the IT Development Team for product updates. Working closely with these teams to ensure that images created for them meet their needs.
- Creating annotated style-guide images or documents outlining fonts, margins, row-heights etc. to be used in new product development specs.
- Ensuring responsive design is considered for all UI images created and creating multiple images with detailed notes attached, whenever designs change at different screen sizes.
- Testing new product releases for brand consistency. Measuring row-heights, margins, font sizes and other aesthetic visual aspects and providing developers with the feedback they need to make changes where their branding and styling principles have not been met.
- Conducting regular brand and UI audits of our mobile platforms and website. Regularly viewing and measuring all key user pages across our sites and logging IT requests if any styling or UI inconsistencies are found.
- Keeping up to date with best-practice user interface standards such as Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and developing a deep understanding of how to optimize user experiences through appropriate use of visual design, icons, images, views and controls.
- Proactively putting forward suggestions to improve controls, views and other UI elements where inconsistency is noted either within our platforms or compared with best practice guidelines.
- Creating centralized documentation outlining their design style guidelines to be used and applied across all brands and products. Keeping this updated whenever changes are made.
- Working closely with the Marketing and IT Teams and design agencies whenever brand refresh projects are undertaken and taking responsibility for ensuring specs are created to roll new design principles out across the estate of their platforms.
- Monitoring industry trends for changes in UI and design and alerting management and senior leaders to opportunities to improve our branding and styling principles where these arise.
- Responding to any other visual or image-based requests from any their department be these in relation to internal apps, printed documentation or anything else.
- Experience of working in a designer role for a brand or agency
- A portfolio that showcases an ability to produce visually inventive and effective work across a range of platforms, from website to app to social media
- Have experience in responsive design and UX design with the ability to create Wire Frames/ IA
- Preferably an understanding of front-end programming concepts as the role requires a close working relationship with web programmers within the wider team structure.
- Knowledge of industry-standard software tools and programming languages including the following but not limited to: Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML5, CSS, Flash, After Effects etc.
- Understanding of sports betting a bonus
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.